Chapter One Hundred and Five

Remus moved around his dorm room, getting ready for that evening's Slug Party which he had been invited to

Remus moved around his dorm room, getting ready for that evening's Slug Party which he had been invited to. It was a celebration of the upcoming Easter holidays. Students most often didn't go home for the spring break, as the time off from school was quite short, and with exams coming up many opted to remain in the castle and focus on their studies. However, while many would still be here for the holiday itself, Professor Slughorn preferred to have the party before just in case.

Remus stood in front of the mirror, tying his tie, but his eyes kept glancing at the reflection of the only other person in the dorm room along with him. Sirius hadn't left the room all day, and considering it was a Saturday, Remus found it quite unusual. All he did was sit on his bed, pretending to read a book, but Remus noticed how he hadn't turned a page since he started getting ready; and he was almost done by now.

"So do you plan on telling me what's wrong any time soon? Or just keep yourself to your misery?" Remus asked finally making Sirius' eyes snap towards him in surprise. He had been so deep in thought that the sound of his friend's voice managed to startle him.

"You disappeared yesterday afternoon, and since you've come back something's been odd. So what happened?" Remus questioned. During the morning he guessed Sirius' mood might have had something to do with Nadia choosing to go to the library and study instead of go out to the Black Lake with them, but with the persistence of Sirius' sour mood, he doubted something that simple could be the cause.

"Nadia and I had a fight, a big one. Breaking up was mentioned." Sirius finally spit out, the words making Remus eyes widen as he turned to look at Sirius himself and not only his reflection in the mirror. He quickly abandoned the tie he was trying to control and moved over to sit at the end of Sirius' bed.

"What happened?" Remus questioned. During lunch yesterday the two had been completely normal, their usual cuddly flirty selves. He couldn't understand what could have caused that drastic of a change.

"I asked her to move in with me after school ends." Sirius stated with a heavy sigh. He had been thinking about the fight all day, he felt guilty but at the same time, her refusal made the hurt overpower that guilt. He knew he lashed out because of it, and had overreacted, but he couldn't understand why she would say no. Why she wouldn't want to take that next step with him.

"Why would that make you fight?" Remus noticed Sirius' hesitancy to speak about what had happened, but he still asked. He wanted to understand and possibly help both of his friends. Knowing this, it was less surprising or curious as to why Nadia had made a point of avoiding the Gryffindor Tower all day.

"She said no." Sirius explained making Remus give a small nod. The boy could understand how that might bring Sirius' mood down, but he was curious as to how the fight exactly went down. Especially since Sirius mentioned the possibility of a break up. "To be more precise, she says she wants to but she can't. That makes no sense, I just wish she would be honest about it." Sirius ranted off finally giving Remus the clarity he needed to understand. And this new understanding made him want to hit Sirius over the head for letting his hurt feelings cloud his judgement.