Chapter One Hundred and Four

Grey clouds littered the skies above Hogwarts, but despite the lack of sun, warmer weather was finally coming around and many students still opted to spend some of their free time outside

Grey clouds littered the skies above Hogwarts, but despite the lack of sun, warmer weather was finally coming around and many students still opted to spend some of their free time outside. Nadia and Sirius were one such pair, sneaking away from the Gryffindor tower and enjoying some time to themselves for a bit.

Now to Nadia, it was just another normal afternoon. But Sirius had it all planned. His initial plan had fallen through as he planned on asking her what he planned on her birthday, but with everything that happened at the game against Slytherin, he had to push it back. Now he couldn't wait anymore.

"I can't believe Lily managed to rope me into the Slug Party tomorrow. What in the world did James do this time to get detention?" Nadia grumbled. While she may have been in Professor Slughorn's potions class and was quite good at it, she wasn't considered as one of his favourites and therefore didn't have to go to his parties. She was pretty sure that was because he could see her distaste for the subject.

"He may or may not have jinxed the Slytherin Beaters to tap dance all throughout the morning." Sirius said with a small laugh as he remembered the sight. By the time lunch rolled around not only were the two completely exhausted but they were also whining and moaning about the extensive amount of blisters caused by all the dancing.

"I thought you guys were good at not getting caught." Nadia shook her head but still let out a small giggle as she thought about what he had done. As far as their pranks went this one must've been quite amusing to see.

"Depends on the situation." Sirius mumbled, his mind obviously jumping somewhere else and Nadia could hear it in his voice. She had been hearing it all day.

"What's on your mind? You've been getting lost in there all day." She stopped walking and turned to him with a curious look on her face. It was unusual for him to keep his thoughts to himself when around her, so she couldn't help but question what was going on.

"Well, I've been waiting for the perfect time to give you your birthday present." He finally admitted, an excited smile playing at his lips. Because of everything that happened, Nadia had completely forgotten about her birthday so it was a slight surprise to hear him say that. But excitement still bubbled inside of her as she watched him pull out a small box from his robes and hand it to her.

She gave him a curious look as she took it from his hands. The last gift he gave her hung around her neck every day since, so she was quite excited to see what it was this time. However as she opened the box and looked inside, Nadia found herself turning confused.

"A key?" She questioned, not quite understanding the meaning behind the gift. She was expecting him to say something cheesy along the lines of it being a key to his heart, but Sirius' next words brought her great surprise.

"It's to an apartment I bought over the holidays. Nadia would you move in with me?" He asked with a smile, and all Nadia could do was stare at him in surprise. Sirius used her silence to continue, saying what had been on his mind for quite some time. "School's going to end soon and I don't want to be apart again. I want to wake up next to you every day; I want to spend those days with you and welcome you back when you come home from work. Sit together and talk about our day. I want all of that and more; and I want it with you."

Sirius' speech was met with a short silence

Sirius' speech was met with a short silence. Nadia couldn't believe what he was saying, it made her heart flutter in excitement. While she may have not really thought about what the next step for the two of them and their relationship would be once they left Hogwarts, and now that he was talking about it she realized she wanted that too. But...

"I can't." She finally broke the silence and with just two simple words the smile fell from Sirius' face as he looked at her in a confused manner.

"What?" He hoped he had heard her wrong. He hoped she said something else, and that his mind was playing tricks on him.

"I can't move in with you, Sirius. I'm sorry." She said with a small frown on her face. She wished she didn't have to say no, but she knew now wasn't the right time. Seeing the hurt on his face made Nadia feel even worse.

"Why? Is it that you can't or you don't want to?" He questioned. He was hurt and his mind was instantly thinking the worst.

"No, I do, but..." Nadia tried to explain, but as soon as she said just that he snapped again.

"No you don't, or you wouldn't be saying no. You know I can understand if you don't see this going somewhere, but it would have been nice if you said it earlier." He lashed out. His words were like a stab to Nadia making her flinch back slightly. She knew he was hurt and was lashing out, but she wished he would give her a chance to explain before jumping to conclusions.

"Do you really think I'd even be with you if I didn't see this going somewhere?" She questioned harshly, his words causing quite a bit of anger to stir up inside of her. "If you do then you really don't know me Sirius."

"Maybe I don't know you." He exclaimed. As their tempers got heated, neither of the two noticed the rising of their voices, but luckily there weren't many people around to overhear their argument. And even if there had, with how quietly Sirius spoke his next words, even Nadia barely heard him. "And maybe we shouldn't even be together if that's the case." But she did hear him. And Nadia could feel hear heart crack at those words.

"You don't really mean that." She whispered as tears pooled in her eyes. He couldn't really mean that could he? Did saying no to the idea of moving in with him really make him think of such things?

"I don't know." Sirius said honestly before turning around and walking away from her. He could hear her rush after him making him turn around and say his final words. "Please don't follow me. Just leave me alone Nadia." He said making her freeze in her spot as he turned around once again and walked away from her. And as she watched him walk off, Nadia let her tears fall freely. 

-----

Is this a good time to mention there's only eleven chapters left of Shakespeare? Hehehe...

Also, much thanks once more to hfflcrpntr for the amazing edit of Volack. Isn't this girl great you guys?!
22nd September, 2019