Chapter Thirty Five

"I have never set a fire in the Hogwarts courtyard

"I have never set a fire in the Hogwarts courtyard." Marlene said with an accusatory look in the direction of the four boys sitting around James' living room. It was one of those events in Hogwarts during their fourth year that went unexplained as no clues had been found once the fire was put out and the staff, as well as the students, were left to make up their own theories of what had started it. The group of girls watched as the boys all reached for their glasses and took a sip from of their drinks of choice.

"What in the world were you four thinking?" Lily asked in surprise. While their pranks were always elaborate and well thought out, she could not understand the point of this one if she was being honest. Sometimes she even understood pranking Slytherins, more so after her fifth year than before.

"In our defence they were supposed to be fireworks, but we mixed something wrong." Remus said shyly making the girls laugh loudly.

"What kind of fireworks did you four want that you couldn't just buy?" Nadia asked curiously once her laughter subsided. Both the Muggle and wizarding stores had a plethora of fireworks to choose from. As she posed the question the eyes of Remus, Sirius and Peter all turned to James, basically telling him that he should be the one to explain that part of the story.

"They were supposed to burst into lily flowers and spell out 'Will you go to Hogsmeade with me?'." James mumbled, but was still coherent enough to be understood making everyone around him burst out laughing while Lily only turned as red as her hair.

"Oh come on Lily, you have to admit that is quite romantic. He tried to make a special type of fireworks just for you." Nadia commented as she took note of Lily's reaction making the Evans girl turn to her.

"Aright then, guys I think Nadia is a bit parched." Lily spoke in a threatening tone making Nadia chuckle as she reached for her glass knowing that the next statement would be directed right at her. While some of the questions were aimed at discovering unknown facts about each other, every once in a while someone asked a question they knew would have one or more people be forced to drink from their glasses. "I have never kissed someone of the same gender." Lily said with a smirk.

Nadia only shrugged her shoulders before taking a sip of her Firewhiskey which she had, like many of them, mixed with Strongbow apple cider. However to everyone's surprise they watched as Sirius and Remus also took sips from their glasses making the girls gape at them in surprise while James and Peter laughed as they remembered the scene.

"I was happy, I was going to kiss him on the cheek, but you just had to turn your head didn't you Moony?" Sirius grumbled in embarrassment making the girls laugh only imagining what that must've looked like.

"I've always wondered what it would be like to kiss a girl." Marlene commented thoughtfully making multiple eyes turn towards her in a questioning manner.

"Really?" Nadia was the first to ask with a suggestive smirk on her face. It was slowly becoming obvious that many of them were starting to feel the effect of the Firewhiskey they had drank so far. To all of their luck, Euphemia had brewed a potion that would ensure no vomiting or trips to St Mungo's would be necessary by the end of the night. However, in the end that would mean Nadia's Muggle medicine would be in large demand the next morning.