Chapter Eight

James Potter was shocked

James Potter was shocked. He was stunned. He was outraged. He stared at the people in front of him with an expression of many mixed emotions caused by what he had just heard. It barely registered in his mind because of how terrible it sounded.

"What do you mean you can't play Quidditch?!" He exclaimed finally, making Nadia jump in surprise at his loud volume which had easily gained the attention of many people around the Gryffindor Common Room.

"James, I never said I can't play it, just that I'm not very good at it. Is that really such a crime?" Nadia asked him with a raised eyebrow once her heart rate managed to return to its usual pace.

"Yes!" He exclaimed in the same level of outrage making Nadia look at the rest of the Marauders with a questioning look. James seemed to be treating Quidditch as if it were his religion.

"James, I wasn't allowed to play it in school, it's not like I had much chance to learn." Nadia tried to explain, but he was having none of it.

"Well that just means you have to do it now, you cannot be a witch and not know how to play the most amazing sport in the world." He commented with a disappointed shake of his head.

"James, I'm afraid of heights." Nadia added, hoping to make him see that it wasn't as big of a deal as he was making it out to be. However their back and forth squabble was only increasing the laughter of Sirius, Remus and Peter who sat with them.

"Nadia, I would just give up now. You're not getting out of this once he is stuck on the idea." Sirius warned her making Nadia give out a small sigh.

"You do realize there isn't much time for you to teach me how to play right?" Nadia rose her eyebrow as she looked at him, honestly curious as to how he planned to pull this off. When they weren't in classes, James was riding the Quidditch team to their limits and Nadia spend most of her time studying as Hogwarts had started covering lessons she had not already had in Koldovstoretz. At other times when there was no schoolwork to be done, Nadia liked to relax with a good book, and James was up to his usual mischief with the rest of the Marauders.

"Ah, but I have a plan for that too." James said with a smirk that made Nadia unsure of whether she should be scared at that point.

"Do I want to know what it is?" She asked, her eyes shifting to each of the Marauders who held expressions of amusement and joy as they watched her face.

"I'll teach you during the holidays." James said confidently. "Sirius already lives with me and Remus and Pete always come around New Year's Eve and stay a couple of days. This year you are invited too." James explained making Nadia rise her eyebrow in surprise.

Nadia had managed to catch on to two things in that one statement. She was surprised James was inviting her to spend some of the holidays with him and the boys as it was obvious to be a tradition amongst only the four of them. And despite her fear of heights the thought of joining them excited her and she found herself wanting to do it. So far she had loved and enjoyed all of her time spent with the Marauders.