Chapter Seventy

"I'm starting to think you four have a serious gambling problem

"I'm starting to think you four have a serious gambling problem." Nadia commented with a raised eyebrow as she walked in front of the four boys, her body turned towards them as she moved backwards on her walk to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom.

"Oh come on, this has become a tradition in Hogwarts, it's not even considered betting anymore." James grumbled as he shook his head at her. Of course they'd be putting money on whether McEwin would be back to teach DADA again or whether there would be yet another new teacher.

"And anything we get from the bets will most likely go into this year's dungbomb supply anyways, so it's not like we won't share it and put it to a good cause." Peter shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not sure tormenting poor Filch is a good cause." Nadia pointed out making the three boys give her the same looks, looks that questioned whether she knew who she was talking to. In their eyes, tormenting Filch was the best cause.

"Nadia, darling, look at it this way." Sirius said as he took a few long steps to catch up to her in front of them, throwing his arm around her shoulders as he turned her around. He worried if she kept walking backwards she would break something sooner or later. He motioned with his hands through the sky as he painted a picture. "This is our last year in Hogwarts, we must ensure that the legacy of the Marauders remains in everyone's memory."

"Exactly! It's not poor Filch because we keep him on his toes, it's poor Filch because once we're gone he won't have the same excitement in his life. Deprived of our presence he will wish we could come back." James spoke with conviction sounding as if he were completely convinced in his own words.

"You're delusional. I think the teachers will throw a party once you four are gone." Nadia shook her head in amusement as she teased him. The five of them walked up to the door of the Defence classroom, and made their way inside, all of them letting out a small groan as they noticed the presence of Slytherins sharing the room with the Gryffindors.

"They'll weep for us." Sirius reassured her as he moved to one of the empty desks in the back of the room. Nadia was about to reply from where she stood, but was silenced as a figure sped past her in the flash of an eye, and instead she sent James a questioning look as he positioned himself in a seat beside Sirius. He was acting like a man possessed.

"You have already stolen his attention and love from me, I will not let you steal him during classes too." James spoke as if it were the most obvious thing. At the words Sirius punched his friend's shoulder in a scolding manner. He really didn't need James to be throwing the L-word around.

"And last year McEwin even separated us to different sides of the room, I shall not let such a thing happen again." His dramatic tone made Nadia shake her head in amusement as she moved to the desk which remained empty beside Peter and Remus. Lily and Marlene could be seen sitting near the front of the classroom, however, the area around them was occupied.