Chapter Twenty Nine

Before any of them had a chance to wrap their mind around the quickly turning time, the students of Hogwarts found themselves boarding the Hogwarts Express, all excited about going home and seeing their families again

Before any of them had a chance to wrap their mind around the quickly turning time, the students of Hogwarts found themselves boarding the Hogwarts Express, all excited about going home and seeing their families again. However, Nadia herself was worried. After her last visit home she wasn't sure what to expect or how to even act when her mother picked her up at the train station.

"Nadia, it'll be fine." Lily tried to reassure her friend. Aside from Sirius, nobody really knew what went on when Nadia went back home after the Death Eater attack except for the fact she got into an argument with her mother.

"And even if it's not, you just have to last a couple of days before you're going to James' and spending your New Year's with all of us." Marlene added making Lily send her a small scolding glare. However, instead of finding Marlene's words discouraging, Nadia focused on the other part of it.

"So you three are coming?" Nadia asked happily as the four girls made their way through the narrow hallway of the Hogwarts Express, hoping to find an empty compartment before the train took off.

"My parents still haven't made up their mind, but I'll just use the happy atmosphere of Christmas morning to convince them." Mary explained with a rare mischievous smirk on her lips, causing each of the girls give out a laugh.

"And I spoke to my parents about it, convinced they wouldn't let me so I could flaunt the letter in Potter's face. Instead they betrayed me and even made their own plans since neither I nor my sister will be home." Lily grumbled as she managed to come across a compartment in the back of the train which still remained unoccupied.

"And since my parents are fine and I want to go, she can't just hide out at my place instead." Marlene finished with a smirk on her face as she took a seat along with the other three girls.

"You are a cruel person Marlene McKinnon. And just to be clear, we're not staying, we're coming for New Year's and leaving the next morning." Lily said with a glare, her grumbling voice making Nadia give out a loud laugh.

"Oh come on Lils, we'll have a great time." Nadia nudged the red head sitting next to her with her shoulder.

"Potter's proclamations of love and adoration draw the fun out of everything." Lily stated with furrowed brows, now that she thought of it, aside from the usual nicknames, James' hadn't really made any grand big gestures as of late, and Lily couldn't help but wonder what had changed.

"They do not love that do not show their love." Nadia commented with a knowing smile on her face as she observed Lily's scowl diminish before it was quickly returned to her face.

"I'm going to go change out of my robes." The red head suddenly proclaimed and began to make her way out of the compartment, her retreat followed by the laughter of her three friends.

"So... Am I the only one thinking of all the ways to get those two together while we're there?" Mary asked once Lily was out of ear shot, although she was not too far to hear the loud laughter that consumed the compartment afterwards.