Midnight Stars and Lies

Somi's POV

I took deep breaths in as I was prepaid for the questions.

"What did it say?" Jungkook asked as he leaned down towards me. I could see the worry in his eyes as he watched my tears fall dramatically before him. He squeezed my hand just staring at me, giving me those eyes.

"Whatever it is Somi it's okay." Taehyung added grabbing my other free hand. I just sat there for a second before the tears fell like waterfalls making now everyone worried.

"Somi." I heard Jimin spoke walking over to me.

"What was in that letter to make her cry like this?" Younji spoke falling to her knees in front of me.

I felt like my chest was going to expload so instead I pushed them all beside running out the front door and down the street. I wasn't caring that my friends were calling after me and even some chasing after me. I wasn't caring that it was almost ten at night and that our neighborhood wasn't that much of a safety zone. All that matter was the fact I wanted to be alone for a minute. I didn't want to explain anything to anyone. I just wanted a few minutes for my own self to understand what I was just reading.

"SOMI!" I knew that voice as Jungkook's but I didn't dare stop running until I ran into the old playground near our house. I fell on the ground rolling on my back as I looked up at the stars in the sky.

"This isn't real." I mumbled to myself.

"Somi the ground is full of bugs and is probably wet as a baby's diaper. You don't need to be laying there." Taehyung spoke as he ran up beside me. Only him and Jungkook were the ones to follow me and maybe only them two I could talk to. Younji would probably break down with me only hurting me even more. She knew my mom and my dad more then Taehyung and Jungkook. So maybe they could understand more then Younji. And with anyone else I couldn't face myself to talk to them yet. Not yet

"Please just give me a break. I just need a minute to myself." I cried out as I fell to the ground.

Jungkook's POV

I wanted to run to her side as she sat there crying her eyes out but Taehyung grabbed my arm. Even though he said no words I could tell by his eyes he knew we had to stay back for a little while. Somi was breaking down and I didn't know why. And even though I wanted to know why maybe giving her a second to herself might help. I know when my father passed away I just wanted to be by myself for a little while.

Taehyung is right. Giving Somi some space is what she needs right now. Maybe she'll explain what the letter said later but right now she just needs to let it out. Both me and Taehyung sat down a few feet behind Somi as she sat down in front of the old swing set crying her eyes out.

A few hours later and it was almost midnight. Younji and the others called us awhile back but we told them Somi was still needing time to cry everything out. Whatever was in that letter really hurt her. And it was killing all of us.

I knew it wasn't the right time to be out especially for Somi but, we were still letting her be in peace. Finally after two hours of sitting on the grass she finally turned around for us. Her cheeks looked extremely puffy and her eyes were blood shot red. Seeing this beautiful girl crying in front of me was destroying me. My heart was breaking as she just tried to stand up but because of her wobbly legs she fell back down

"I want to swing." She mumbled standing back up. Both me and Taehyung jumped up running to her side. But instead of her taking our hands, she pushed past us walking slowly to the swing set. We followed slowly behind her as she flopped herself on the swing followed by her staring up at the sky. I looked above me to see nothing but the midnight stars.