(Chapter 8)

In her martial arts class, Mikasa was dressed in black joggers and a white tank top while her opponent, Annie Leonhardt, was dressed in blue shorts and a black tank top. Both were the best martial artists in the class and it was always interesting when the two would spar which was taking place in a few minutes.

Mikasa was wrapping bandaged around her knuckles just so she wouldn't damage them badly, just in case something goes wrong. "Good luck Mikasa" One of the students said.

"Thanks" Mikasa said. The martial arts teacher, also called Master, asked for Mikasa and her opponent, Annie, to come up yet they let a good distance between them.

"You two know what to do?" He asked. The blonde and ebony females both nodded. Mikasa and Annie both got in their fighting positions. Annie was in her usual fighting position and Mikasa legs were spread out a bit, her hands both up to her chest but spread apart from each other. The class grew silent and waited for them to begin.

"...Begin!" Their master said and the two slowly began to circle each other, examining their body movement. Seconds later, Mikasa was the first to charge at her and the two were in a series of deadly kicks and punches but both blocked each attack. The class wanted to cheer but both females needed concentration so that they could defeat their opponent. Annie then used her special kick move, that occasionally knocks people aside of their head, but Mikasa placed her hand beside her face to prevent the blonde from hitting her there. Feeling Annie's small foot make contact with her hand, it sent the ebony female in a grunt but she tried to avoid the pain in her hand and used her free hand to grab her ankle, both hands now having a good grip on it. Annie seemed a bit surprised and knew what was coming up as she tried to jerk her leg away but Mikasa already proceeding to her attack, flipped the blonde over. Annie yelped and tried to  get back up quickly but Mikasa had already acted, turning the blonde around,laid down on her back, and grabbed her left leg, pulling it pass it's limit. "Okay Okay Okay just stop it already!" The blonde shouts in defeat making Mikasa win the round.

Mikasa got up and helped the shorter figure up to her feet. "I'll kick your butt next time Ackerman" Annie retorted. The two gave each other a high five. "I'll be waiting for the day" Mikasa responds.

"Congratulations on the spar you two. Come back Monday everyone remember there is no martial arts class on Sundays" He announced.

Mikasa and Annie both went over and put on their shoes and grabbed their bags ready to leave. "Are you coming to the next class?" Annie asked. Mikasa nodded. "I have no choice to, my brother always forces me to come" Mikasa tells. "He forces you? I thought you just come because you want to"

"It's fun an all, especially sparring with you, but he worries that whenever he's out at work that something might happen at our place and he wants me to defend myself" Mikasa explained.

"Overprotective brother huh? How is that like?" Annie says as the two walk out of the room and into the parking lot where Levi was on the phone right next to his car. Annie walks home but Levi drops her off if she was comfortable with it.

Annie doesn't have any siblings but the closest she thinks she'll get to having an annoying brother and a sweet brother is her two best friends, Reiner and Bertholdt. They always be with each other yet Annie doesn't talk much but only if she felt like it and the two had got use to it. Reiner would always tease her about her height and Bertholdt would check up on her whenever he has the chance. The two are in college but Annie is a junior that attends a different school than Mikasa.

"Well it's not much fun because overprotective brothers, especially if they're older, are the worse to have. They're worse than overprotective parents. Levi doesn't allow me anywhere after nine pm, whenever I go out he always want to know who I'm going with and when I'll be able to come back, he cares about my health too much and doesn't let me eat certain foods that he thinks are bad for me. But his most concern are boys" Mikasa told. She looked over at Levi who was a great distance from them and since he was on the phone, it didn't seem like he heard.

"Yikes. Anyways have you met any boys that you've gotten an interest in or what?" Annie's asked. Mikasa blushed at the thought of Eren coming to her mind. "Well I've been talking to my childhood friend now, Eren, and he is really cool and a sweet person" She tells.

"You two have anything in common?" Annie asks. "We both love playing shooting and fighting games, we love reading books, we both prefer being alone at school, and we love tacos" She tells and Annie noticed her smile kept getting wide. "He must be on your mind now, I have never seen you smile that happily before" Annie teases as she poked Mikasa. "Oh stop it Annie" Mikasa says and they both walked over to Levi's car.

Levi saw the two females and put the person he was talking to on hold. "How was class?" He asked. "It was good, I beat Annie in sparring" Mikasa tells. "I was good as well and she only beat me cause she knows how to flip people over while I'm still having trouble with that topic" She said.

"And I still can't believe you did that, my back hurts like hell!" She shrieks a bit. "Well do you two want to go out to eat? Your choice but it can't be any fast food restaurant since I have a strict sense about how much grease they put in that food and it can't be nothing too expensive" He tells. Mikasa groaned knowing that she can't go to her favorite fast food restaurant, Chick-fil-A, as an option.

"Let's just go to Denny's, you okay with that Annie?" Mikasa asks. "Of course, I'd go anywhere if they have my favorite meals, food is food so it doesn't matter where we go...as long as it's not taco bell their tacos taste disgusting" She says as they both get in the car.

As the two females talked about their preferred food places, Levi talked on the phone with his boss, Erwin Smith.

"A woman has confirmed that they have seen an unknown specimen. Claims to have seen the thing with a puppy's head and a bunny's body"

"What the hell" Levi responds. "I know it sounds ridiculous but we have no choice to believe her if you've seen how movies work so I'm sending some cops out to see if there's anything weird going around" "That woman obviously must be crazy. It could of been a fake dog's head over a bunny as a prank or something" "fake dogs don't bark Levi, now I'll want for you to investigate around Shigashina Street when you have settled everything in your office in the police station got it?" "Yes sir" Levi responds.

"Oh and I'm assigning you a partner as backup" He says. "Please don't let it be her..." Levi prayed under his breath.

"I'm assigning this task for you and Hanji Zoe" "why her out of all people? The four eyes bastard is completely crazy!" Levi taunts.

"Trust me Levi, you'll want to be partners with her when you figure out that you don't want to be a solo cop anymore. Now this is the end of our discussion and this is when I hang up on you" Erwin says and hangs up the phone.

Levi was still in disbelief of being assigned partners with Hanji Zoe out of all the other policemen. "God help me" He mumbles before getting in his car and drives to Denny's.