(Chapter 35)

Kaurla was home and was awaiting for Eren's arrival back from the football game yet it seemed to be taking a while.

She knew football games were long but high school games are usually two hours. "It's taking them quite some time" she said looking over at the clock and saw that it was almost nine.

"Eren told me it was a home game so they should be coming back around now" She said. Kaurla sat on the couch with Bella in her lap and was rubbing her hand through her soft and short fur.

She looked at Bella and noticed that she looked down but why wouldn't she? She's always alive and full of energy when around Eren. "Sorry if I'm boring, I don't know what you and Eren do but I'm sure you have a blast with that kid" She said and smiled brightly.

"I don't know how I am so lucky to have such a gifted son...although the incident that happened a few years ago was traumatic, I actually never felt any closer to Eren. Do you think if Grisha woulf of never done that experiment on him that Eren would of been a bit different? I don't want to be mean or anything but I think Eren wouldn't have been so intelligent and independent. Before he his heterochromia he had so many friends and with one needle injected into him changed everything. It had both benefits and consequences...but I think mainly benefits like I don't have to worry about Eren's future being in the bad and he's more close to his childhood best friend, gosh I really am a proud and happy mother" Kaurla squealed before realizing what she was doing.

"I'm talking to a dog" She said and looked down at Bella. "I guess this is why you and Eren are so close but do you really understand?" She said with an arched brow.

She let out a sigh. "To be honest, I want that idiot back. Spending my years with Hannes have been a living nightmare and although Grisha did experiment on my only son, we did have some nice family moments together. At least the experiment didn't kill Eren and I still admire Grisha in every way and without him, I still would be sick or even dead" Kaurla said and stood up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen window with Bella following close behind.

She let out a sigh and crossed her arms over her chest. "Even if that kid is good, he still finds a way to stress me to my limit" She remarked as she grabbed out her phone and texted Eren.

*****

It all happened in an instance.

There was blood, gunshots, explosions, the screams of innocent people and children and much more that Eren and the others couldn't take. The scenes changed from a full battle war zone to the graves of the innocent children that died and no one attending because even the parents too seemed to have parished. The gang didn't know how to get away from it but everywhere they turned there was always either a dead body or a lonely innocent kid covered in dirt and blood.

Yet suddenly it all disappeared and they was still at the school. Was it all but an illusion?

This was a fight everyone knew they could lose the second Grisha revealed his unique ability. It was terrifying and unbearable that even Eren himself was defeated with a first glance. No words were said, only action and that gave them all a reality check. Literally.

Mikasa was shivering in Eren's arms after what she had witnessed. Even someone like Annie was terrified. Although her and Mikasa have their tough girl moments, there are times when even the strongest links break.

"Reality must of hit you as hard as a rock. You see children, what you have witnissed is what the world really is. It's not all sunshine and rainbows and getting bullied, teased, and not being accepted by others isn't exactly the only bad thing you guys should witniss. The true evil is humankind themselves; our soldiers killing innocent people with so much blood on their hands and not giving a damn about it. It's because humankind is selfish and greedy and the only way for them to realize how truly evil they are is creating them into monsters which is why I'm creating so much experiments and with so much of them gone wrong I thought if they shall be evil then they shall look evil along with the consequences that comes from it"