(Chapter 36)

Leaving the gang in the dust, Grisha drove off with Eren in the front seat and Mikasa and the unconscious Armin in the back. Nothing but silence and the sound of the car's engine filled the air yet the tension between them all was awkward.

"Where are we going?" Eren said finally breaking the silence. "Where it all began" Grisha said as minutes later they pulled up to their house. "Eren's house?" Mikasa said in a questioning tone as she got out and carried Armin.

The two brunettes stayed in the car both eyeing each other. "You're not gonna see mom...doing this to me, disappearing for years and suddenly coming back isn't what she'll want" Eren stated. "How are you so positive about it? I'm pretty sure with my leaving you wanted to do everything you can to forget me and try not to bring me up over the past few years but really Eren, have you ever sat down and talked to your mother about me or was being selfish and only talking to her about you?"

"There was never a time when I was ever selfish to her" "There has to be and considering her feelings for the drunk blonde isn't one of them nor asking if she is okay. Have you ever sat down and talked to her sincerely about the things she desired?"

The air was once again filled with silence and seeing Eren in a trance as he tried to remember a moment truly made Grisha smirk. "Makes me question if you truly care about your mother" He said as Eren frowned. "I do care about mom more than you ever will. You left her-"

"I obeyed her demand. She wanted me gone and I obeyed and moved right out of the house in a split second, she didn't want to see me, I avoided interacting with her, she didn't want me near you and I listened. I did those things because it seemed like it was the only way to make her happy. While I was listening to your mother's demands and missing the family that I could of been strongly connected to right now you was just there" He said as Eren clutched his hands into fists.

"Even though you are an intelligent kid, you really aren't that bright" He said before exiting the car. "While you sit here in timeout thinking about what you've done and most importantly, what I've done, I'll be having a nice chat with your mother" He said and went up to the house with Mikasa following.

He's making it seem like I'm suddenly the bad guy but am I really a bad son to mom? All these years, have I really only cared about myself and didn't sincerely talked about what mom wanted? He thought as tears slid down his cheeks and onto his pants.

Hearing those words come from him...I really don't know if I can face mom the same way as I used to Eren thought and buried his face in the palm of his hands and bursted out into tears.

*****

Petra hid under one of the cop desktops avoiding making any interaction with the tall blonde while Levi was using every ounce of energy he had left to fight him off.

"Its useless to say that I'm glad that you have improved over the years Levi" Erwin said as Levi had blocked one of his punches. "You basically taught me yourself that I've grown to know every move you're about to do" Levi said and missed one of his other punches and punched him in the jaw.

Levi looked around for his gun and spotted it as it was still laying down on his desk. He ran over to get it but was quickly tackled to the ground by Erwin.

Petra saw Levi was struggling to handle Erwin but that's because his tall and well-built figure was more superior than Levi's smaller one. She got up and saw the gun on Levi's desk and grabbed it. "L-Levi" She said as Levi saw the gun in her hands. "W-what do I do!?" "Shoot him obviously!" Levi exclaimed as without thinking, Petra shot the gun just as Levi pushed Erwin off of him and got shot in his shoulder.