(Chapter 12)

After school, Eren was unable to pick Mikasa up since he had to do his own homework and clean the house as a punishment for fighting Jean. Kaurla couldn't think of a worse punishment because never has she experienced Eren doing something bad. Despite the fact that he only got kicked out of schools for the way he looked, this was the first time he got kicked out of school for doing violence but then again he was defending someone he cares about.

Eren was cleaning the dishes without the help of his powers with his mom looking around in the fridge and counters to see what she could cook for dinner. "How about macaroni and fish?" She suggested, turning her head over her shoulder to see Eren's reaction. "If you want to. I'm up for it" He said placing the dishes that were dry up on the rack, into their designated counter. Kaurla knew Eren was upset about what had happened and put the macaroni and cheese back up in the counter that she found it in.

"Let's have tacos instead" She said bringing out a plastic bag of hard shells for the tacos. "Why all of a sudden you seem happy to be wanting tacos? I thought you were a bit aggravated by cooking it over and over" Eren said turning his head over his shoulder and making eye contact with his mom. "Well...it just seems like...I don't know how to say it but I just don't wanna see you upset and I always see you happy when you're eating tacos" She said smiling. Eren noticed her cheeks were slightly flushed and he knew that when she got like this, she was remembering a moment from when he was little.

"Cook them" Eren said. Hannes came out of Kaurla's room with a bottle of beer in his left hand. His cheeks were flushed red and he was stumbling as he walked over to the two. Hannes went over to Kaurla and wrapped his arms around her waist while being perched onto her to keep his balance.

"Hey there baby...y-you wanna go and have some fun with me?" Hannes said in a drunk tone. Kaurla and Eren were both disgusted by this side of him and what angered Eren more is when he does weird stuff that he won't end up remembering. "It's not like Eren's in front of us and hearing the nonsense that you're saying" She says sarcastically as the drunk blonde finally saw Eren.

"Eren my favorite son-" "don't call me that" "whatever...you know what...you deserve an award for being such a, such a good boy. Wanna join me and your mother in the fun?" "Hannes!" Kaurla shrieked. "What he's old enough isn't he? H-how old are you like thirty-two or something?" He said making Eren roll his eyes while he tried his best to not imagine his mom naked and doing that with her. It was embarrassing and made him uncomfortable.

Hannes smacked Kaurla's rear making the brunette gasp and her cheeks turned a bright red color. "Let's get going" He said. Eren was use to the drunk talking but he hated when he touched her in places. She's all Eren has left and he wasn't risking anyone, not even Hannes, touch her in any way that she doesn't want to be touched in. Eren threw a strong punch at Hannes, sending him to the floor and just like that, he slept on the floor soon to be forgetting everything that had happened.

Eren let out a sigh and turned over to his mother. She smiled and clasped her hands together. "My dear son you're so adorable when you're overprotective of your mother!" She gushed. Eren gave a small chuckle but seconds later there was a knock on the door. Bella hearing from Eren's room, raced down the stairs and over to the door and began barking at it while her tail wagged excitedly.

Eren walked over to the door and pushed Bella aside a bit with his foot, opened the door and saw Mikasa who looked pretty surprised and it probably must of been Bella's barking that surprised her since she wasn't expecting it. But seeing Eren alright made the ebony female smile.

"Good to see you doing alright. I was worried about you but um I don't know why and it's pretty confusing to me and...am I talking too much? I feel like I'm talking too much and not getting straight to the point" She said laughing nervously. Seeing her like this made Eren smile and Mikasa blushed feeling slightly embarrassed that she was acting like this in front of him.