(Chapter 37)

Mikasa had entered Eren's room and laid Armin down on his bed for him to rest properly. I really hope he gets better soon Mikasa thought as she went downstairs to get an ice pack from the freezer but encountered the small family reunion that was taking place. Kaurla was in tears as she hugged onto her ex-husband tightly.

"I missed you so much" Kaurla said as she looked up at him with tears streaming down her fair cheeks. Mikasa scoffed and went over to the freezer and grabbed some ice and placed it in a bag.

"Where is Eren?" Kaurla inquired. "The kid is in timeout, we talked and he's thinking about the things he have done and what he should have done" Grisha told as Mikasa hurried up to Eren's room and placed the ice pack on Armin's forehead before going back downstairs and got out of the house.

Eren was still in the front seat of the car and Mikasa noticed that he looked upset. She opened the door to the driver's seat and sat on the seat and closed the door after. "Is everything alright?" She asked and looked over at him seeing Eren wipe away the tears that came from his eyes.

"I'm not sure. All these years I have helped my mom the best way I could and suddenly my dad comes and make it seem like I didn't care about her sincerely and that I only cared about myself and what I wanted. Was I really that selfish and did you notice that I was being selfish?" Eren questioned. "Eren you're a nice guy and it was very hard to tell if you were being sincere because you always seem like you care about others. Look, it doesn't matter what your dad says, I think you're a very nice guy and the fact that you was helping your mom the best way you could for all of these years without your dad being there with her...it shows a lot that you care about her. You didn't leave her side, you didn't give up on her, and to help ease her stress from work you cleaned the whole house almost everyday even when you did have homework. Your dad is probably trying to bring you down and make you feel bad just for his own satisfaction so what you're going to do now is go inside and try to reconnect with your parents even if one of them is a pain in the ass" Mikasa said and playfully nudged Eren in his side as he knew who she was referring to and laughed.

"You always make me feel better" Eren said. "Not technically, I mean, there's Bella" Mikasa said as they both leaned in and pressed their lips against each other. The moment didn't last long until a loud horn beeped twice, startling the two.

Mikasa looked and saw Levi's car quickly swerve into a parallel parking space. "I am not ready to deal with this" Mikasa mumbled as Eren chuckled. "He's your overprotective brother and you have to deal with him for the rest of your life" Eren said as they both got out of Grisha's car.

"Don't be trying to put your hands on my sister you son of a-" "what Levi is trying to say is that he appreciates you taking care of Mikasa until he got back from work" Petra said with a bright and assuring smile before shooting Levi a dirty look. "Besides, Eren knows what to do and what not to do because he is such a good student and a good child" Petra remarked.

"Whatever" Levi mumbled as Mikasa noticed that Petra's dress and Levi's uniform looked dirty but Levi's was ripped. "What happened at work?" Mikasa questioned as Eren walked towards his house.

"Trust me you don't want to know" Levi assured her. "Yeah it was a bit of a hassle" Petra said as Mikasa stared at the two for a long time. "Oh so it's alright for you to do it at work but I can't do it in a car!?" Mikasa exclaimed as Petra and Levi both turned red. "Why would such a thought come in your head!?" Levi said as Mikasa giggled. "I was just joking big brother, jeez, no need to get so defensive" Mikasa said as Levi rolled his eyes and Petra just giggled.

Eren opened the door to his house and his eyes widened in shock at what he saw. His mom was hugging onto his dad and looked pained as his dad was sticking a needle in her. Her eyes got droopy as she felt weak and almost fell to the ground but was quickly held by Grisha as he softly placed her down on the couch.