Chapter 2 Go for It

"Go for it."

I admit, Ginny's idea shocked me. But not as bad as Ron's actions. 'Go for it.' That's all she said. 'Go for it,' meaning Draco Malfoy. 'Go for it,' cheating on my cheating cheater of a bloody cheat husband.

The rest of the night was uneventful, until I found my husband buzzed along the wall talking very closely to one of my few dozen interns. Guess what Ronald, any of the interns you have shagged are not getting any jobs other than dragon dung collector under my administration.

Ginny is not the only one that is vindictive. I just have a little more power over that can be used to wield it.

"Darling," I hear the cheating cheater of a bloody cheat husband call me. "Have you had a chance to meet Chastity? She's been working the Hogsmeade office." That explains why Ron has spent so much time there, claiming he is 'at Hogwarts' or working in George's store there. And why do I think she doesn't live up to her name.

"It's a pleasure and thank you for your support."

She giggles. I don't ever remember giggling. I laugh. I don't giggle. Girls giggle. By the time you're out of Hogwarts, you shouldn't giggle or else you won't be taken seriously. I have to work hard to keep my political persona up, especially when someone like her - ugh - giggles.

Ron is using the wall and Chastity to stay upright as he slurs his words, but attempts to pull it off to look suave or something ridiculous too, "Darling, she's looking for a job in the Ministry. She graduated last year from Hogwarts and the professors there speak highly of her." This is about as suave as her giggling.

"We probably can find a place in the Ministry that would fit her talents well." Yeah, dragon dung collector in the northern regions of Romania is looking better and better.

"Thank you darling. You probably should mingle some more." He blew me off with a wave of his arm. He, the cheating cheater of a bloody cheat husband, blew me off. Oh wait, Ronald Weasley. Just you wait.

I put on my biggest smile and decide that a little 'room working' is still a viable option. I see my daughter flirting with Malfoy's son. Hmmm that means Draco is probably still here somewhere.

A glass of champagne slides around me from behind, suspended by a long arm and five pale long and gentle looking fingers.

"You look like you need this."

"Nah, I need something much stronger." But I take it off his hands anyway. My eyes fail me as they close gently when his free hand caresses my hip.

"Now Granger, why would that oaf that calls you his wife be hanging on some lackluster attempt at a bad stripper name bimbette?" I smile trying my best not to laugh out loud. The most apt description of the intern 'Chastity' I have heard, since the only acknowledgment she made was an obnoxious giggle. "She attempted to what I can only guess is talk - or really badly flirt - with me. Pathetic."

"Because she has a bigger cup size than me and willing to put out I guess. And together I think they have a combined IQ that might equal Greg Goyle's. But Greg's might still be higher." I down the champagne, frustrated in more than one way.

"Darling," hearing it roll off his tongue is much more heat inducing than whenever my husband ever said it, "that is the worst, yet best insult that there ever could be. I'm glad I voted for such a loquacious Minister. Now is there any other talents that beautiful mouth of yours can do?" Both of his hands are cupping my arse and I feel his ever present erection on my back.

"Malfoy," I draw out, "I would say, but in my position..."I draw out the last word, making the heat radiating off him more and more pronounced, "I need to maintain a level of decorum and - shall we say - discretion."