Chapter 3 My Dearest and Most Beautiful

I keep my mouth quiet about knowing my cheating cheater of a bloody cheat's indiscretions. I do talk extensively with Ginny about it and pull in Harry the next afternoon at tea.

I think of last night, when we could have - should have - been celebrating, but instead my husband stumbled in about 3 hours after me and collapsed on the downstairs couch asleep. He never even made it to our bed.
But that isn't all that unusual, he isn't in our bed 3 times a week on average.

"I don't believe that Ron would do that, Hermione," the trusting soul laments. "Not after what I told him last time."

"Harry Potter, what did you tell him last time?" My inner bitch is released upon my poor, unknowing best friend.

"Just that he better never hurt you again, and to keep his cock in his pants or in his wife."

"Okay that is truly disgusting, darling. That's my brother, I don't need to hear about his junk." Ginny states bluntly and I cannot for the life of me disagree.

"They were newlyweds, I thought giving him a push to enjoy his wife would help. I mean I could tell from Hermione's face that they needed the extra push."

"When we were newlyweds? We should have been all over each other. You're right. And we never were. Never." I lament thinking back to when we should have been happy and sexually fulfilled. I thought we were happy, but knew in my heart we were missing the sex, the passion, and the intimacy. "What should I do? I want to throw his sorry ass out."

"You know my opinion sis," Ginny remarks.

'Yeah, but how?' I think.

"An affair, well her having an affair, will kill everything. Throwing him out will kill everything. Ron put you in a bad spot 'Mione." Harry looks at me forlorn. "I probably should talk to him."

"How about he stay out in Hogsmeade." I think out loud, "Or somewhere like that. I can stay in London."

"I'll assign him somewhere no one wants to go," Harry schemes.

"Just not where I'm sending Chastity. I'm sending her somewhere in northern Romania to study the fertilizing qualities of dragon dung."

Ginny snorts out her tea onto her husband, "Sorry love; do you need help getting a new shirt?" He nods and I know I have at least 30 minutes to myself.

We were newlyweds. He cheated on me then. It would have been easier if I had known then, I would have left before we had kids.

I decide to go to the bureau in the small study here and pull out a piece of parchment and quill. Bless Harry for his constant organized mess.

Malfoy,
Thank you for the nice talk last night. It was nice to reconnect with you.
Now about our children...
If you could see my face right now, I'm laughing. Ron is going to have a heart attack, you understand. Rosie is his princess.
I also realize I never thanked you for your support. I appreciate it greatly, especially considering our - um - past.
Sincerely,
Hermione Granger, Minister

"Gin, I'm borrowing Pig," I call up knowing I won't get a response to my non-request of borrowing her owl. Well at least one that won't cause me to blush from their pleasurable moaning. I doubt that Draco will respond, unless what Gin was saying last night is true. "Pig, go to Draco Malfoy."

I occupy myself for a little longer in the kitchen and read over the Sunday Prophet. I look over the article from last night's Minister's Installation Ball and the annoying picture of Ron giving me a peck on the cheek. I keep reading further to see the 'details' that the gossip columnist that is disguised as a reporter, Rita bloody Skeeter, states.