Chapter 28 We Are Healing Together

Days pass, I am sentenced to healers galore, tears are shed, hugs are given, and let's just say I am going bat shit crazy in this hospital. Someone break me free!

It took days before the healers thought I was mentally prepared to face the eminent challenge that residing in Malfoy Manor would entail. Draco left with a case full of potions, and being more than adequate with potions himself, he knew how to make about three quarters of them and just rolled his eyes at the healers.

He talked over the advisor position with those he works with normally. Heck I don't know what he does other than run one of the biggest global wizarding companies out there. Nonetheless, he accepted the advisor position on a temporary basis. I just avoided the 'how long is temporary' question that he brought to me as we negotiated everything. He also declined a salary, saying that we should use it to start a fund for rebuilding the infrastructure and helping those families devastated by the Death Eaters this time and from the second Wizarding War.

He sounded like he is going to be working on making sure I stay in as Minister for eternity with the PR campaign he is building for me.

When Kingsley heard this, he also threw in his salary into the fund.

It seems like my closest advisors are conspiring to keep me in office.

I don't know if I like it. One day I do want to retire.

A week into my sentence at St Mungo's, I am finally seeing a light at the end of the eternal tunnel that is this hospital stay. Lani has been bringing me everything from work, and I must admit the Ministry is moving quite smoothly. There have been three additional attacks by the Lucius Malfoy lead Death Eater clan, luckily nothing sizable.

There was an attempt on the Manor, and to our benefit four Death Eaters were captured and are awaiting trial and immediate sentencing. One third of them down. We didn't catch the head of the snake, Lucius, but luckily none got into the Manor and none of the family even knew about the attack.

With each passing day, Draco gets antsier about getting his father. He doesn't want it to be anyone other than him. He feels responsible for his father's ongoing negative activities and destruction. He feels that it is his 'duty' to restore the Malfoy name, and the only way to do that is to eliminate his father.

It has become a sticking point between the two of us. "Draco, that is why we have aurors. You don't need to take on your father alone. You aren't trained for it."

"He's my father!" He yells during one of our final 'therapy' sessions. "If anyone is trained to take him on, it's me. I've been there by his side knowing what the man is capable of. I know Hermione." He mumbles something at the end of that, that no one comprehends.

"Draco," the healer calmly coaxes, "what was that last part?"

"I say I know." He looks like he did in our sixth year, somewhat broken.

"After that," the healer pushes.

"Please no. I can't. Not here." He is broken, his voice is cracking and there is a shattered look in his eyes.

"You're safe here Draco," the healer reassures him.

I take his hand drawing little circles on it with my thumb, "He's right. How am I able to be there for you, if I don't know what all happened?" I try to get him to relax into me, to trust me.

"Astoria didn't even know Hermione. I... I just can't... don't trust people with this."

"Draco," I sigh, "trust me. You know my worst and you've been there for my worst. Let me be there for you too. I'm your person. I think I was always meant to be your person, like you were meant to be mine."