Chapter 23 This Can Be A Fair Trade

Draco and I were making a list of all the places and people that his father and company would probably strike. The first being me, Harry, and our families. Mind you we were doing this on his bed, in our night clothes, eating Chinese delivery. Just like it was an everyday thing for us.

"You are before Harry in my opinion, darling. I don't want you to be unprepared. They will outnumber you. Is there a way to get an auror or a dozen to watch over you and the kids?"

"Draco, that is irresponsible. The aurors need to be hunting down these Death Eaters. I can't have them be on my babysitting taskforce. And really, do you want a dozen aurors hanging around here? While I'm dressed in this little thing?" I motion to the pale rose colored lace tank top and boy short set that I have on.

"No. Absolutely not. The Minister should not be seen by those below her in something as scandalous as that." His eyes twinkled mischievously as he smirked, "Unless it is me below you."

"You're acting like a horny 13 year old boy."

"I remember being a horny 13 year old boy. I wasn't this well behaved then. And if my memory serves, which it does, you punched said horny 13 year old boy. So proof that I wasn't as well behaved as I am now."

"Draco Malfoy, you should have been a barrister."

"I would do well as one. I probably would win every case that I presented." He sits up, with a proud dignified look on his face as he poses like the typical barristers do for their typical business photograph.

"Unless you were to go against me." Now I am smirking, as I see him nod in agreement. "By the way, Kingsley wants to present my separation to the Wizengamot."

"Wait, when did you discuss this?"

"Before the first attack, then again earlier in the week. He has the papers drawn up for the separation already. We're just waiting until things calm down a bit."

Silence from the man seated across the bed from me, so I look up to see the shock on his face. "Darling, are you sure? It won't hurt you politically or anything? How do the rest of the Weasel clan feel about this?"

"First, don't stress over it. We are going to keep it as quiet as possible. Details will be sealed. It is being handled with the utmost secrecy because of who Ronald and I are within the Ministry and the wizarding world in general. Most of the family knows that there has been problems with Ronald and I. George, well, he walked in on one of Ronald's girlfriends in a compromising position. I've always been able to talk to him about almost anything, but he just told me a couple of days ago how much he saw first hand. He hated keeping it from me, but felt that it was best for the kids' sakes. And he thought it was a one time thing. Now that he knows better, he told Bill and Charlie. Percy, well he doesn't get involved in family matters like this, so his opinion means nothing to me. Ginny and Harry support me 100 percent."

"What about his parents?"

"Molly felt terrible. Arthur, he was infuriated. He had a sit down with Ronald when he came back from Ireland this time. Then Charlie and Bill showed up and it became a small brawl." I remembered George mentioning it the other day, when he dragged me off from the meeting in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. George broke down and told me everything about everything. He promised to stay by my side through it all, even if it means throwing his own brother in front of an unforgivable. Not surprisingly, he actually seemed to relish that idea, but none of this I can tell Draco simply because he might assist in the tossing of the cheating cheater of a cheat husband of mine in front of said curse. "Now let's get back to work. No more distractions."

I can feel his smirk across the overly plush king sized bed from where I am seated. Cursing myself for even planting the seed in his head, I don't dare look up from the map and papers in front of me as I take another bite of Szechuan shrimp. "Darling... you're tempting me... again." He drawls out each bit of that sentence so bloody seductively as he climbs over the papers like a cat ready to pounce on his prey. I don't notice his wand come out - get your mind out of the gutter girl! - and all the food including the bite I was just about to take disappears along with the papers we have been pouring over for over an hour.