Chapter 12 I'm Sending Her a Fruit Basket

My Dear Ferret,
I 'called out' today. Only dire emergencies will come to my attention. Because I need to talk to you. Soon. Today?
Earlier the better. It's what I alluded to in my last correspondence that we were unable to discuss earlier this week.
Please.
Thank You, 
Hermione

I sent the kids off like any other day, before calling Lani and saying I won't be in due to a personal matter. Harry can handle anything on the Law Enforcement side, and if Magical Transportation has another hiccup, they will all be looking for non-Ministry jobs before the end of the day.

I realize my letter to Draco is curt and borderline rude, but I needed to get to the point. I need to see him. Preferably somewhere where Wizards don't hang out.

Or my house. With the Ron still in North Korea for another 3 or 4 days and the kids at the Potter's my house was empty. Plenty empty.

Either way, hell any way, I need to get dressed and look nice for him. Not too over the top dinner party nice, but nice. I go through my recent purchases - thank goodness there is a boatload in our Gringotts vault that can make this shopping spree make no significant dent. Or any dent for that matter. But when I buy lingerie from some of the top stores in London, yeah it's pricy but worth it. He is a Malfoy after all.

I barely get out of the shower, to see a pair of eyes staring at me. Thank Merlin it is only an owl. I wrap the towel around my body, which is still hypersensitive from last night in dreamland, and elicit the parcel.

My Dearest and Most Beautiful Minister,
You cleared a whole day for me? Moi? I am flattered. I have no plans anyways, other than possibly watching more of our children's innocent foreplay. I stress innocent. Though it is fun to watch my son try his - um moves? - on your unsuspecting daughter.
Anyways, I am at your bidding. Do you want to meet somewhere to talk? How about the Little Red Cafe' at 10:30? I'll be hiding in the booth in the back and the kids take the one by the window. Angela passes me notes about what they're doing. From what she said, this has been deemed 'their place'.
Next thing we know, they'll have their own song.
Until then my dear. 
Through It All,
Your Ferret

I check the time, I want to be there before he and the kids arrive, so my daughter doesn't get suspicious. I decide to bring some folders from work to try and knock them out while I wait. Any way I look at it, I have about an hour to get ready. I pull out a lacy nude bra and thong set, a plain white button down shirt and black slacks. I pair it with the matching jacket and decide a few buttons can remain undone. I throw my hair up in a faux chignon and hold it with a jeweled black and silver clip. And probably too much hairspray to discuss really. I think I left the room in a hairspray induced high and made another hole in the ozone layer singlehandedly.

When my makeup was done, I looked through my small collection of shoes. I should turn in my 'chick card' when it comes to shoes according to my sister. I only have probably 20 or so pairs, and today I decide to go with my Kate Spade cross between a shoe and heel in a leather animal print. They have cute tassel ties that and always make a blah outfit stand out just enough.

Just enough that Draco would notice.

I sneak into the cafe' and take the back booth facing away from the door, motioning to Angela for my usual but that I'm willing to wait until the small rush she has dies down.

"So is it just you today?" She asks as she slides in opposite me, placing my large cappuccino and scone in front of me.

"No the kids are coming, as is his dad."

"His dad? Is that code for something?"

"Before I go into too many details, your opinion of him?"