Chapter 32 What Just Happened

Draco was a man of his word. Not all the Death Eaters were caught, there was one lone snake that still hid in the bushes, it was all but that one. That one knew Draco's tricks. He knew how to elude them. Probably because he was the one who taught them to Draco. His father - Lucius. That one person, the head of the snake, managed to slip though our fingers again. Harry was beside himself, but insisted that Draco teach him what he used to catch the other outstanding members. Draco was hesitant, wanting to keep the ministry in the light during my term.

"Sounds familiar." I piped up as they debated in the library of the Manor. "Sounds like our argument for you not killing Lucius."

He was pacing the room, in a definite mood. His hair was tousled, no matter how many times he ran his fingers through it, it only worsened. He looked disheveled and the stress of the situation was oozing off him. "Not the same in the slightest. You have a persona to keep, the Ministry needs to stay in the light so you can remain at the helm. If anything looks the least suspicious, especially after the release and destruction that my father has caused, you will be out of office."

"And a death without a fair trial?" I rebutted sternly. "Sorry that isn't going to go over well. He needs the due process that he claims to have been forsaken previously. No killing your father Draco. You won't just be hurting your own soul, you'll be hurting me." I soften my tone, "Please. For me."

"You said please," he teased, shaking his head "then I must."

Harry looked confused at the interaction. He has told me no multiple times, even after I said please, with no consequence. "What... just...happened?"

"Never mind Harry," I retort. "Just trust me on this."

Once Draco went to complete some of his regular work for the day, Harry cornered me. Again. "Is 'please' a code word for something or another?"

I chuckled. "No, Harry. As your friend, it is one of those 'you don't want to know' topics." He just glared the 'I know what you did last night' look. "Fine, I asked for something intimate and said please. Then I did a little something that surprised him. From then on, whenever I say please, I get what I want. So I don't use it that often."

"Well just keep it down tonight. Please. Otherwise I'm sleeping in the dungeons. I'd get better sleep there than in my room if you two are at it again."

"I can have someone bring down a bed for you then," I wink as he groans and leaves the library. After a deep breath, I start looking over everything again hoping I am wrong. All the markers point to me being right, which I hate. They were targeting muggle-borns, again. It was a direct assault against me. They wanted to end their education, something I prize. I groan closing my eyes wishing it all away. Especially when they target Rose by name.

"Darling, are you busy?" I hear his strong voice as it echoes through the aisles of books that surround me.

"Not really. Just processing everything and not liking the outcomes." My head in my hands, elbows on the desk, headache brewing.

He comes behind me, massaging the base of my neck which held a crick that I was unaware of. "It's time for dinner and why did Potter insist on a bed be taken to the dungeons?"

To this I start laughing. "Figures. He took me literally. Well he'll get some sleep at least."

"That explains nothing love."

"It should explain everything." I still am trying to control the laugh. "He was upset that he didn't get much sleep because of us last night, so he is sleeping in the dungeon so that he can get some tonight."

"But darling, we won't be here."

"I know that, you know that, but it is best that Harry doesn't know that." I give him a 'duh' look, smirking in his usual fashion.