Chapter 34 Rest Baby, I'm Here*

If you survived the previous chapter, this still will be hard but easier than that. TRIGGER!
T-R-I-Double G-ER Warning!

It was some time before his bonds were broken, yet the instant they were he was at my side. "Hold on love, I'll get Potter. I'll take you to St Mungo's, just please stay with me."

I heard him cast a patronus, after a few tries it must have worked. All I could feel is his body next to mine and his tears falling like rain. I closed my eyes to try and dissipate the pain, praying to whatever deity will listen to make it stop. I feel something warm wrap around me and hear his broken voice call out to the magical hospital I was just released from not so very long ago.

"I have the Minister, I need some help," he called out and I hear a flurry of movement and unknown voices before my senses fail me.

I don't know how much time has passed as I only allow a miniscule amount of my senses to return. I don't want to know who or what is seeing me. I don't want to deal with the physical pain. Out of the recesses of my psyche, I only allow my hearing to return.

That was painful enough.

I hear the tears of those I love, the prays that I survive this. I heard the healers talk about how this was much worse than if I had 'just' been subjected to an unforgivable curse. This was so much worse. They didn't know if I would make it physically, and even if I did if I would be anything like the person I was.

I felt Draco's presence continuously. I heard his voice whispering how he loved me and how immensely strong I am. He pleaded with me to come back to him, so that he could see the light in my eyes one last time, to taste my kiss again, to hear me say his name just once more.

The one morning I awoke my sense of hearing there was something I never expected to hear come from an unknown voice.

"Mr Malfoy, I know you're not the spouse but I also have heard that her spouse and she are estranged."

He mumbled, "That is correct."

"I suppose you should be the one to hear this then. Mrs Weasley is pregnant."

"How far along is she?"

"Only a matter of days sir."

"Fuck," I hear him curse. "Excuse me, but we need Potter to hear this also."

"Mister or Missus?"

"Harry. Please." I hear the door open and close. "Baby, I need you. I need you to wake up. I need your help baby. I don't want to do this alone. I can't do this alone. You're too much a part of me. Please come back to me. I love you." His tears drag me out of my hiding space a moment. I feel my eyes open, but I don't focus on anything. "Thank you baby. That is a good start. At least I know you hear me." I feel the sensation of his lips on mine and it warms me. Then the shooting pain causes my body to convulse. "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He sighs, "I wish you could tell me what to do. What helps and what hurts." I hear a chuckle, "Fine, I get it. Everything fucking hurts. But we are trying to get you better. The healers are optimistic."

"Malfoy," I hear Harry's voice, "what the hell? Her eyes are open!" what was anger in his voice changed to the sound that emanated when Voldemort was defeated, a pained joy. "That's amazing. Hermione, can you hear me?" I can feel his body trembling in hopeful excitement. I wonder how long I've been here in this state.

"She's not responding, but I'm pretty sure she can hear us," even his voice is hopeful. "But there is a complication that I need you to hear. I don't think I can do this alone."