Chapter 17 Totally Innocent*

Dear Merlin! I thought I was missing out on life last week, what can I say about tonight? I am not yet 40 and realize how much I haven't had in my life.

I actually, for the first time, truly made love to a man. And it was more than satisfying. I now understand the many levels of lovemaking - desirous need and craving to slow delicate and sensual.

We decided to talk much of the rest of the night, or early morning since it was half past 2.

"Draco, tell me something. Something that I would never have guessed about you."

"Ah hell, you know everything about me."

"Probably not. I mean when we were kids it was trying to figure out what you were doing, trying to avoid your rude comments, and that. What were you like? What was it like being Draco Malfoy?"

"Shit. Well most of the time. My home life was dictated to me early on. Then school where as you so kindly reminded me, I was number 2. Like you, the whole Dark Lord reign was hard on me, I lost friends and loved ones. And ones that were related but not really loved by me. But the friends were the hardest."

"Same. I mean most of those friends I lost, I loved them as family. Since I didn't have any family that are magical, all my magical friends were my family here. What was your favorite class in school?"

"Potions of course. Snape wanted me to take over for him one day, so he worked and worked with me. But it wasn't going to happen and I knew it. No matter how much I wanted it, and one day I would love to go back and teach, it probably won't ever happen."

"I never pictured you as a professor. You'd be good at it."

"I pictured you taking after McGonagall one day. Or Flitwick. I could always see you teaching and enjoying it."

"Maybe. It did cross my mind at one point, but then I started moving up in the Ministry. Now I'm here and... maybe." I haven't thought about it in probably 10 years or so. I remember thinking when Rose was a toddler that it would be nice teacher her and her cousins all the spells and enchantments that I learned. Be the professor that they came to when they needed a parent figure - like McGonagall or Lupin was.

"Tell me something I wouldn't know about you?"

"Ugh, you want to talk about someone who's life is plastered on the pages of the Prophet?" I laugh. No matter how hard I try, I'm always in the paper for something. Since fourth year. "Let me think. You probably would never have guessed that Viktor Krum and I still talk regularly. He sends the kids Christmas presents and me a card for my birthday each year. He calls me the one that got away."

"Great, now I have to keep him away from you too," he says with a smirk but I can only shake my head. "So you're the one that got away? How much really happened that year?"

"We kissed after the ball and that was it. He was somewhat creepy when he'd watch me study, but we'd talk and write during the summer and such. Totally innocent."

"Uh huh."

"Don't 'uh huh' me. You had a reputation at school, if I remember correctly. Something like the 'Slytherin Sex God'."

"Complete hype. Zabini, Goyle, and Crabbe began that rumor in 3rd year because I was dating a 5th year. In reality she pretty much had her way with me in the prefect's bathroom and I was nearly scarred. Later Pansy took advantage of the reputation and blew it out of proportion. There were only a few girls I was ever with in school - including the virtual molestation."

"Uh huh."

"Great now you're 'uh huh' - ing me. What do you want to say? I had half the school? That was Pansy. Later years, between the upcoming war and everything, you could say I was off the market. Mother was the one who made the arrangement between Astoria and I. And that's pretty much what it was, an arrangement. What about you and Ronald? How did you two start out? I think there are about 30 versions of the story floating around."