Chapter 5 I Brought Dessert. And Wine

It only fit that if my daughter represented the house of the men at dinner, I represented our house. So I came in a dropped waist, knee length, gold embroidered, cream crepe chiffon dress with a simple scoop neck and batwing sleeves that had a slit that went up to almost my shoulder. So the sleeve nearly looked cape like as they flowed behind me. The bodice showed an hourglass figure that I really don't like to accentuate and the scoop was deep enough that with the push up demi bra that Ginny insisted on, my breasts peeked through.

"He's going to love it. Now my brother, he wouldn't even look twice. Malfoy, he won't stop looking. There won't be a twice because he's eyes won't come off you."

"Ron probably wouldn't even really look once. Unless this was on Chastity or one of his other mindless giggling interns," I lamented.

"Uh no crying, I'm not going to redo your makeup. Not this late in the game."

I must admit Ginny is talented when it comes to a makeup brush. She brought out my eyes with a golden bronze eyeshadow over a winged eyeliner. It was trendy, yet subtle. I didn't want to look too overdone, so I added just a little warming blush and a matte brown lip stain.

My hair was pulled back with a golden hairpin that Ginny highlighted with little cream colored flowers.

Both of us were early, even by my standards. I had the wine chilled, the tarts were ready, and I gave Gin the chicken pies for my husband to eat. Well at least snack on while he's there. He probably already had dinner at Molly's.

At 7:30 the portkey, a simple Muggle touristy keychain, gave off a pinkish glow saying that it was activated.

"I'll take that as my cue to leave you ladies. Full details from both of you in the morning, you hear. I'll bring pastries, if you have coffee ready." My sister glared at us with the look of 'if you don't spill, your guts will be spilled'. And with that she entered the fireplace and left to go to her home.

"Rosie, are you ready?"

"No, but yes. But no. I don't know."

I give her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, you don't have to know everything right now."

"Mum."

"Yes dear."

"Are you ready?"

I don't know.

XOXO

The portkey landed us at the front door of what looked to be a posh, upper floor apartment. I went to knock on the door, but before I had a chance the younger of the Malfoy men opened it and wrapped my daughter in a bear hug.

Thank goodness her father didn't come, the poor boy would have been hexed into next month at least. I could hear Draco chuckling in the background. "Scorp, at least let our guests in the door before you physically attack them." There was something inaudible after that but it sounded like, 'I want a chance too'.

"Minister, it's a pleasure to have you in our home," the young man began. "I apologize for my - um - forthright behavior." He was blushing. Oh how stinkin cute. I couldn't help but smile at him and his innocent apology. He looks so much like his father - the hair, eye color, and prominent jaw - except he has Astoria's prominent high cheekbones and her softer nose. So that must be pretty much what Draco Malfoy looks like when he blushes. He offers to help with my daughter's cloak, yet when it slides off her shoulders I catch a glimpse of a wide-eyed young Malfoy.

"Think nothing of it. Just a word of warning, don't pull that in front of her father. The name Malfoy is already on shaky ground." I wink at the young man as he takes my daughter's arm and leads her to a wrap around patio.