Chapter 4 What My Life Has Become

Thursday evening rolls around and my nerves and frustration levels are at a new high.

"Rose, do you know what you are wearing tomorrow to Mr Malfoy's dinner?" I casually ask at our dinner table.

My husband nearly chokes on his chicken. "Malfoy? As in MALFOY? He invited Rose to dinner?"

"I told you about it Monday afternoon. He invited us all."

My daughter blushes, "I was going to wear that new green dress. The one strapped one. It isn't too formal is it mum? I didn't want anything that would be inappropriate, but I don't want to be too dressy or anything. I'm also going to wear my new cloak, the black velvet one. And I thought since Scorpius is a Slytherin and all..."

"Both of them are, darling." I remind her, keeping my poise and composure. "They have a long history in Slytherin house. The dress is perfect for the evening. It sounds like you might be trying to get on a certain someone's good side."

"MALFOY?!?! Not my daughter. No. She is not to associate with a Malfoy, ever." Ronald is still ranting. As what has become custom, we all tune him out at this point as I rub the bridge of my nose in minor frustration.

"Now dear, I will be accompanying you to dinner. So don't think you're going to sneak off with him somewhere or anything. We both will be watching you." I turn to my red faced, redheaded husband, "Ronald are you going to be joining us?"

"I am not eating at Malfoy's. You shouldn't either. He'll poison you. Anyways I have to be in North Korea the next morning. Harry has me going to all random places for some reason. I think my next trip is to Sudan."

I know the reason. I need to thank Harry tomorrow. I also know that Chastity's transfer to Northern Romania to study dragon feces has been expedited. Come to find out she does want to study Herbology further. Eh, she'll be knee high in fertilizer until I'm out of office.

"Ronald, you're being ridiculous. Hugo dear, I want you to pack a bag to go to Grandma Molls. You're spending the night since you're dad has to be up early and I have no idea when we'll be home."

My husband is scarfing another piece of chicken while attempting to say, "When is dinner? I give you 30 minutes after dinner to be home. No need to spend extra time there."

"We will be proper guests. I have something to bring for him and Scorpius for the invitation. I am also thinking of which wine to bring, probably a white. I'm thinking the Black Tears Tapiz Malbec. It's a good summery wine."

His eyes bulge out, "What?!"

"Yes and apple tarts. I'm picking them up from that Muggle bakery we like so much after work tomorrow."

Hugo looks longingly to me, "Do I get anything?" He eats like his father, which is constantly.

"You're going to Grandma Molls'. You'll get plenty. No need to be gluttonous." I scold. If I don't curb his overeating now, he'll look like Ronald before he's out of school. "Now Rose, dinner is at 8, I believe. I want you ready no later than quarter til. I have to work a little late and pick up the tarts, so I'll be rushing myself to get ready. So no dilly daddling."

"Yes mum."

My husband is just sitting there with his mouth agape.

What has my life become?

XOXO

My secretary, Lani an amazing witch from Sicily with long dark hair, tanned complexion and what can only be called purple-blue eyes, comes to me just before my 10am meeting with a small package. "Ma'am this just came from a Mister Draco Malfoy. He said it was for dinner tonight."