Chapter 8 Beds Empty. No Coffee

"Where have you two been? Beds empty. No coffee." She sounds remarkably like her mother right now. She does a quick once over, "And where did you get those clothes?"

"Good morning to you too Aunt Gin." Rosie gives her a kiss on the cheek before racing upstairs to put away her dress. "Don't start without me."

Once she's out of earshot, I mumble, "Trust me dear we will." I turn on the coffee pot, remembering that I 'need' a new one.

"Sooooo," my sister emplores, "you're just getting home now?"

"Yes," I know my cheeks match her hair, "don't say anything because she's a little insecure about it now, but Rosie fell asleep on Scorpius's shoulder during the movie they were watching."

One eyebrow shot up. "Yeah keep telling yourself that. And where did you sleep?"

"Well once she was in a guest room, let's just say - I wasn't."

"Ahem?"

"Fine, I fell asleep on someone else's chest." I know my cheeks are crimson red, but just remembering the events of last night make me wish I wasn't describing them to my nosy sister. Instead I wish I was still there. In bed. Naked. With him.

"That's my girl!" She's got a smile that matches mine. "So I take it, it was a successful evening."

"And morning." Her eyes grow to the size of bludgers and her jaw nearly dislodges from falling so far. "Very successful. And he doesn't want it to be a one time thing either. He wants to make this - whatever this is - work somehow."

"Really. Damn, of all the people you can get involved with, Draco ferret Malfoy. So he lived up to his name in school? The Slytherin Sex God?"

"That and more. But realize I only have your brother to judge him against."

She cringes, "Please no mental pictures."

"Don't worry, you give me enough of you and Harry." I laugh. "And some aren't just mental pictures."

My daughter is bouncing in the kitchen, a big smile plastered on her face. Ginny gives me the 'not her too' look, causing me to shake my head violently but slightly.

"Scorp already owl'd me. He's coming with me to Angela's cafe' Monday, and bringing his father as a chaperone." She looked on top of the world.

"So 'Mione," Ginny turned her attention to me, "what do you think of the young man?"

I nearly choked on the hot coffee as I thought back to this morning. "Well he's his father's son, but not a morning person." His father is definitely a morning person though. And a late night person. I wonder if he's an afternoon person too? I bite my lip just thinking about it.

"Well Al could have told you that." My nephew Albus - or Al as the family calls him - is dorm mates with Scorpius.

"What else can Al tell me about the young man?" I implore.

"He approves of our Rosie dating Scorpius, so that is something in his corner," Gin and I both nod.

"Might help with dad," the girl says meekly.

Her aunt shakes her head, "Rosie love, a lightening bolt to the the head won't help your father when it comes to the Malfoys." It's sad but true. "Now how was the Manor?"

"They don't live in the Manor," under my breath I mumble 'thank Merlin' to myself. "They have a very posh penthouse apartment."

"Really. Hmmm I need to find a way to get an invite," her elbow finding my side. "Now tell me everything, every little detail Rose."