Chapter 13 Hell, All My Plans Have Gone South

I worry slightly all day that Rose or Scorpius caught us. Draco is nonchalant about the whole idea, but me... well I am the mother of the daughter in their relationship and also the Minister of Magic. There is bound to be something go wrong.

Because hell, all my plans have gone south at one point or another.

I think Ron is permanently stationed abroad. Well to avoid his broads. Either that or he get new ones. Either way, right now it is the least of my concerns.

I decided to come into the Ministry to straighten a few items out, especially Harry and his lack of reading my notes on the case he presented me with yesterday.

I really regret that.

The Daily Prophet caught word of the kids dating. I found out when members of the press asked me for comment on my daughter's involvement with the 'infamous Malfoy boy'. My eyes rolled and I slammed my door in their faces.

But I should have looked in at who was waiting for me before I slammed the door. I coiff of annoyingly fake blonde hair, a tacky too tight shiny orange satin dress suit, and heels that someone her age should not be wearing. None other than the gnat for brains, pain in my arse Rita Skeeter.

"Ms Skeeter, I didn't remember having an appointment with you today?" I say in my most insincere sickly sweet voice possible.

"Oh Madam Minister, I don't want to impose on you time too much, but I must ask you a couple of questions. How long has Rose Weasley, your daughter with Ronald correct, been seeing Mr Malfoy?"

"Well that all depends on which Mr Malfoy you're implying. Because I doubt that she would be interested in someone her father's age," my snarkish tone is not lost on Skeeter. Clarification is the least important part of this woman's job. Hence the gnat for brains... Only 1/10th of what this woman prints can be construed as something even semi-factual.

"Well of course not my dear. I am meaning the young Mr Malfoy. Scorpius."

"Oh Scorpius. A nice young man from what I've met of him. She had mentioned him in her letters from school, but it wasn't until recently that they have become - I guess you can say - a couple."

"Ah. And does his father go with them on all their - um - dates?"

"He tells me what happens. He's a chaperone of sorts. Stays out of the way of their time together. He's being, I guess you can say, protective of them. They are still teenagers."

"Ah yes, you wouldn't want the wrong impression of your daughter now would you. One last question: how does your husband feel about this with his history - and yours for that matter - with the Malfoy family?"

Crap. Not something I care to answer so I just say, "That is actually something you'd have to ask him. He is on an overseas mission at this time though. I wouldn't want to put words in his mouth." Although I know what those words would be, I don't think this is the time nor the place for Ron's heated vulgar dramatics.

"Oh of course not Madam Minister." She says in a tone that I know will come to bite me in the end. "Thank you for your time Minister. If there's any follow-up questions, I know where to find you."

Oh bloody hell, witch. I am going to have to avoid my own office for awhile. And I probably should owl Draco that the kids have been found out.

So at dinner I break the tragic news to my daughter in the softest way I know how.

"Darling, how was your date today with Scorpius?"

"Mother you should know. I saw you there. Did you get any work done or were you just catching up with Mr Malfoy the whole time?" She doesn't even look up from her food. She must be spending too much time with her aunt Ginny.