Chapter 27: Any Little Malfoys

It was two hours later when I came up for air - between the healers taking readings and asking me 101 questions, and family coming in and out - then Kingsley walked into my hospital room.

"Minister, you requested me?" His voice resonated throughout the room. It was deep and authoritative, yet comforting to me.

"I need your advice, as a past Minister."

"At your service," he bowed slightly to me.

"Kingsley." I laugh. He and I have known each other for so long, it feels weird when he addresses me as Minister still. "First, no formalities. Second, how do I get someone to be an adviser?"

"You are allowed up to 4 advisers for different reasons: personal, a previous minister, an international coordination, and an open one for whatever is necessary. I utilized the international coordination one, blew off the previous minister since, well, he was in Azkaban, and in the beginning I assigned one to rebuild the ministry after Voldemort. I am at your service as the previous minister if you ever need me."

"Of course, that is why I am asking you this now. I wanted to appoint Draco as an adviser to help with the Death Eater issue. He knows them the best. Well, the best of anyone who isn't in Azkaban."

He ponders the idea for a moment, nodding his furrowed brow. "I think that would be appropriate, but keep it professional." He winked at me. "On that other note, I am just waiting for this to clear over before taking your paperwork to the Wizengamot."

"We might need to postpone that if he is going to be an adviser." Hadn't thought of that little hiccup, but having Kingsley here I know we can talk through this and come to the best decision.

I saw this going over in his head. "Minister, officially speaking it will be ugly no matter when we go before them, unless you two don't talk to each other for years, which I don't see happening with the two of you. I would just suck it up and maybe do it now. You're having someone personally close to you in a professional role. People will see this as nepotism. If you wait, then the separation will look uglier. It just depends on which way you want it to look."

I shook my head. "I will wait still. I know Ronald is going to drag it through the mud, so I am prepared for that. But Harry and the family is willing to take my side. That is what matters."

He nodded. "On another note, any idea when you're getting released? Is there anything I need to bring you?"

My face probably showed how disgusted I was being stuck in this hospital bed. I would much prefer to be with a certain man. "No idea and have Lani send everything to me here. I think that the healers are putting me on lockdown. Your aurors are." I give him a stink face to end all stink faces.

His smile tried to change my tone, but it won't work. "You do know I can help out where needed. I am quite capable."

I shake my head. Having to be babysat by the aurors and forced in a hospital bed is not going to make me overly happy no matter how you try Kingsley. "You're also retired. I already brought you out of retirement to lead the aurors. I can't ask you to do more, sir."

"What happened to no formalities? And if you want the aurors to step back at any point, tell them you have full control. Well except over Harry. But that is that whole family/friend/professional crossover mess you two have."

I chuckle. So true. I may have been there through the Battle of Hogwarts and everything leading up to it, but he still sees me as a sister that needs protecting. "Getting Harry to listen to me in this state isn't going to work. But he does know he is the only one allowed to be in while the healers are here. Kingsley, also keep Ronald out. He hasn't been vested my mental health for decades and I know the only reason he would be now is to get between Draco and I."