Home

"No no no!" I laughed drunkenly "Its been so long!"
"Come on Alex, it's just a little weed!" Rickey said "It ain't gonna hurt ya!"
Rickey put the joint to my lips and I smiled.
"Alex! Alex! Alex!" Everyone chanted
I rolled my eyes. Taking the joint. Rickey lit it for me and I smoked it. Now I was drunk and high.
I was higher then the clouds when I blacked out.

...

I was standing in a meadow of flowers. All alone. I turned around and there was Remington, standing behind me, smiling. I smiled back at him. He leaned in and kissed me. Our lips working in a synchronized harmony.
-
We were laying next to each other, smiling, my hand caressing his face- when suddenly the meadow caught fire! Remington and I stood up, looking at the fiery ring around us. I held onto Remington's hand as I the flames approached. Looking over to Remington, but a gust of wind blew and Remington faded away with it. Into the breeze. I screamed.
"No! Don't leave me! Don't leave me!"
It was too late. I fell to my knees in the middle of the meadow of now burnt, black flowers.
Don't leave me... I whispered to myself as a tear slipped down my face.

...

I quickly shot up from my nightmare. A burning in my arm- could that be the fire from my nightmare? I look up and see Rickey whispering to me, an empty needle in his hand.
"That's it. Good girl." Rickey whispered
I tried to get up but I couldn't. I screamed but no words came out. I was paralyzed. I was slipping away to a familiar place that I gave up visiting- I forgot how nice it was... it felt warm.
It felt like home.