Don't Go...

Alex:
We pulled up to the house, Remington turned off the car. Sighing, looking at me. I looked down.
"Remington..." I muttered
I didn't want to talk about it. I was just tired. I wanted to sleep. Remington sighed and gently turned my face toward him. Placing his finger and thumb under my chin, examining my face in the garage floodlights.
He looked so sad- but there was fire in his eyes. He was gonna do something stupid if I didn't stop him.
"Look. I'm tired." I say "It's been a hell of a day. Please. I just want to sleep."
Remington nodded.
"Of course." He said softly
We walked inside the house and Remington shut the door.
"Come here." Remington said grabbing my hand
He led me upstairs and into the bathroom. Shutting the door.
"Alright. Strip." Remington said
I cocked an eyebrow but was too tired to object. I took Remington's jacket off then my tank top, leaving me in my black bra and dirty jeans.
Remington didn't pay attention though, he was too busy wetting a rag with warm water. I sat down on the edge of the bathtub and Remington turned around. His eyes glossed over when he saw me. I looked in the mirror, noticing the stripes forming on my ribs.
Remington gently ran his fingers along my bruised ribs.
"They're not broken- just bruised." He said
I sighed, cringing in pain. Remington quickly pulled his hand away.
"Sorry!"
"No- it's fine- you're fine." I say
Remington nodded, taking a breath and composing himself. His face was blank as he began to wipe the blood from my face with the warm rag.
"Ow-" I pulled away "that stings."
"Oh quit being a baby." Remington smiled
I stuck my tongue out at him, he did the same.
"You are such a child." Remington chuckled
I looked down at my stomach remembering.
Remington caught on. Staring blankly at the floor.
"It's Rickey's... isn't it?"
I sighed looking at the ground.
"Yeah..." I mumbled
Remington bit his lip.
"Are you keeping it?"
"Don't know..." I sighed
Remington took a deep breath, wringing out the rag in the sink and re wetting it. He bit his lip in concentration as he gently cleaned the blood from my face. I watched him intently. Remington and I made eye contact, a blush crept up on his cheeks. He smiled slightly, setting the rag down and gently caressing my bruised face.
"All better..." He smiled
My face stayed frozen. Studying his features. Remington grabbed my hands. Helping me up. He led me to his bedroom. I sat down on his bed as he opened his dresser drawers. He pulled out a pair of red sweatpants and a black tshirt. He handed them to me.
"Here." He said "Should be slightly more comfortable..."
I quickly slipped them on and Remington nodded.
"Alright then... you can sleep in here- I'll be downstairs if you need anything..."
Remington reached for the doorknob but I stopped him.
"Wait- Don't go." I squeaked
Remington looked at me, the corner of his mouth slightly upturned.
"You sure?" He asked
I nodded. Remington grinned slightly. I grabbed his hand and pulled him down onto the bed next to me. He pulled the blankets over us. Keeping our distance.
Fuck it.
I felt so cold. So alone. So scared.
I curled up to Remington, my head on his chest. Listening to his steady heartbeat. It calmed me down like nothing ever could. Remington was hesitant but wrapped his arms tightly around me. Kissing the top of my head.
"It's okay... I've got you..." Remington said
He knew what I was like when I was upset. He knew I didn't like to talk about it. He could just sense it, and he always knew how to make it better.
"Alex?" He whispered
"Mmhm?" I mumbled
"I just want you to know, regardless if you decide to keep the baby or not- I'm here for you- we all are..." Remington said
I was tired but still smiled.
"Remington?" I mumbled
"Yeah?"
"Shut up."
Remington chuckled, kissing my head again and cuddling me tighter.
"Goodnight Alex."