All Was Dark

Alex:
"Archer!"
I jumped, smacking the back of my head on the counter top.
"What!" I snapped
"Jeez, what crawled up your ass and died?" My coworker Maggie said sticking a cigarette in her mouth "Just thought you could use a cig break."
I rubbed the back of my head, glancing over at my manager who was falling asleep at the drive through window.
"Screw it, give me a damn cigarette." I grabbed a cigarette from Maggie and we walked outside.
"Got a light Maggot?" I mumbled as we trudged outside
"Oh ouch, what's your damage?" Maggie joked as she lit her own cigarette then passed it to me.
I glared at Maggie as I lit my cigarette.
"We work. At Mick Dicks. That's a problem in itself." I muttered
Maggie rolled her eyes and scoffed, taking a drag on her cigarette.
I took a drag, letting the warmth of the smoke slide over me, warming me from the inside out as snow flurries began to dance in the bitter breeze, kissing my skin and leaving chilled goosebumps.
I closed my eyes and leaned back against the brick. I could hear a car pull up in the parking lot. Being nosy, I opened my eyes to see who it was, though I quickly wished I hadn't. It was Remington, Emerson, and Sebastian.
I quickly turned around as the walked past me, not noticing me thank god. The events of three months prior came back like a title wave, crashing down and drowning me. I didn't notice it but I was shaking.
"Alex? Alex? Alex-!" Maggie shook my shoulder, snapping me out of my trance
"-huh-? Stop shaking me maggot!"
Maggie cocked an eyebrow, putting out her cigarette.
"Come on, lets go inside."
Maggie grabbed my arm and pulled me inside before I could object. So many questions ran through my head.
Why where the boys here? I thought they were on tour? What are they doing in North Dakota? How would they feel about seeing me? Has Remington moved on? Have I?
Question swam in my head like demons I couldn't drown (haha). I felt dizzy. That's when Maggie dragged me back behind the counter- not before passing the line of customers- I tried to hide my face but it was too late. It was as if the world slowed down. Time stood still in an agonizing sting of reality. This was real. This was happening. Remington locked eyes with mine. His mouth hung open slightly, his face had healed but I could see in his eyes that his heart didn't. He looked tired and worn, a bit disheveled but nonetheless, dapper in that black trench coat.
Maggie yanked me behind the register to help with the now crowd of customers. I quickly slipped away though and made a mad dash to the employee bathroom. I ran to the sink and grabbed onto it. Questions. So many questions. The room began to spin, the walls began to narrow. All was dark.