Cherish Grace

Remington:
I paced in the waiting room waiting for word on Alex. Emerson and Sebastian sat in chairs, starring blankly at the ground. The air was dark and heavy. Depressing.
"I shouldn't have left her! I shouldn't have left! I shouldn't have left her!" I collapsed onto a chair, pulling my knees to my chest and burying my face in my arms. I began crying. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I was my fault. All my fault.
"Remington stop crying." Sebastian said "Alex is gonna be fine- it's not your fault."
I ignored him.
"Are you boys here for Alexandra?"
I looked up and saw a doctor in a lab coat with a clipboard. His face was soft and somber.
"Yes, how is she?" Emerson said standing up
I followed.
The doctor frowned "It seems Miss. Archer had a miscarriage due to blunt force trauma to the abdomen. Do you guys know how this could have happened?"
My heart sank- then I got angry.
"I've got a pretty good idea..." I mumbled "Can we see her?"
"Yes but one at a time please- she's resting." The doctor said

...

Alex stared blankly ahead at the white wall, laying on the white sheets in a hospital gown. Her eyes red and puffy from crying.
My heart just shattered.
I slowly walked over to her.
"Alex... you okay-?" I asked softly
"Cherish Grace..." Alex mumbled
"What?" I asked
Alex looked at me and softly scoffed. Smiling slightly.
"Cherish Grace, was gonna be her name. That's right. It was a girl..."
"Oh..." I say as I pull up a chair to sit next to her. "That's beautiful."
"...I got to hold her." Alex mumbled staring at the wall again "The tiniest thing I've ever seen."
My eyes filled with tears "I'm so sorry Alex..."
Alex scoffed "What'd I tell you? I can't be a mother-"
I went to grab Alex's hand.
"Alex... don't say that-"
She pulled her hand away.
"Don't touch me Remington." He said coldly
"Goddamnit Alex! Rickey did it didn't he! I'll kill him! I'll fucking kill him! We told you not to go alone! I'll kill him I'll fucking kill him!" I shot up
Alex just glared at me.
"Get out." She said "Just get the fuck out."
I looked at her, tears and anger in my eyes. I stormed out of the room.