"I see needle marks-"

Alex:
So I stood. On that very balcony where we once parted ways. It didn't seem so long ago as I stared down at my pale arms with dotted pink scars in a neat trail along the purple veins. I stared and stared lost in flashbacks of my whole life. I could remember almost every needle mark and what made me do it.
"Can't sleep?"
A voice startled me.
I jumped to see Rem standing there with no shirt on in his sweats looking sleepy. I shrugged.
"Did I wake you?" I asked
Rem shrugged as he walked over to me, he sat down in the wicker chair behind me.
"Hey now...." Rem said as he grabbed my arm when he noticed me looking "Don't do that."
"Do what?" I said defensively
Remington frowned.
"Come here." He said as he pulled me into his lap.
I rested my head in the crook of his neck and sighed. Remington grabbed my arm and examined it. I noticed his lips move as he counted in his head
"What are you doing?" I asked puzzled
No reply
"You won't be able to count them all... I've tried-" Rem cut me off
"Look here." Rem outstretched my arm and pointed to a cluster of marks that sat on top a vivid purple vein. "See?"
"I see needle marks-"
"No-" Rem cut me off again "Look, this vein has the most marks."
"Yeah... so?"
"Watch." Rem places his finger on top on my arm and began following the vein like a maze of a cereal box until he got to my finger. "See?"
"See what-?" That's when I noticed that the finger Rem was pointing out was my ring finger
I didn't know what to say but Rem noticed my puzzled face.
"The reason you chose this vein is because it leads straight to your heart, it's why the ring is put on this finger. You chose this because you never truly felt loved, and that's my fault. I got angry.... I got scared Alex... I never meant to scare you off that night. I just didn't wanna lose you." Rem started to get choked up, tears in his eyes "I want you to know- if you ever get the urge to start using again... You should think twice because your heart doesn't have to hurt anymore... What I'm saying is- Alexandra Elizabeth Archer, will you marry me?"
My eyes widened and I sprang up.
"Remington... Are -are you serious?"
Remington just smiled with tears coating his brown eyes. He wiped them quickly then got down on one knee.
"This isn't what I had planned but it just felt right to do it now."
Remington reached into his sweatpants pocket and pulled out a tiny coffin. Inside was a black ring with a purple gemstone rose.
I clapped my hand over my mouth, tears ready to spill. All I could do was nod, Remington giggled though he was crying as he slid the ring onto my finger. I jumped into his arms, sobbing.
"I hope you like it!" Remington smiles
I cupped his face with my hand and kissed him.
"It's perfect!" I smiled as he wiped my tears with his thumb. "I love you Alexandra."
Wiping his tears I smiled
"I love you Remington."

End of book 1
A/n
I hope you enjoyed that John Hughes ending. I really didn't know how to end this but thank you for reading. I know there are some inconsistencies and errors in this but hey it's Wattpad and I'm a lazy teenager. I'm thinking about writing a second book like part two of Alex and Remington. Who knows?

Ma Chérie | Remington Leithजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें