"Hi Remington..."

"Alex? Alex?"
I woke up to Maggie slapping me.
"I'm up you bitch!"
I shot up and slapped Maggie back.
"What the fuck?" I say as I grab onto the sink
"You what the fuck." Maggie crossed her arms over her chest after slipping on her jacket. "Since you decided you wanted to take a nap back here and leave me with the zoo, you get to lock up."
"Nap?" I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone, checking the time.
8:48 PM
"Two hours? Had I been out for two hours?"
I furrowed my brow and parted my lips to speak- or scream- but all that came out was
"What-? Yeah- okay-?" 
Maggie snapped her gum, "I left the tables and trash especially for you."
I said nothing as Maggie existed the bathroom. I turned around and look in the mirror. I looked like hell. I had cut a few inches off shortly after I left and came here. It now sat in a frizzy mess on my shoulders or at the moment- in a sweaty bun with tuffs sticking out here and there. My eyes dropped in a purple heap from exhaustion. I looked just awful.
"Once a druggie always a druggie"
I walked out into the now empty restaurant with desolate tables and stranded garbage. It was silent but loud words echoed in my brain. The familiar voice of Remington stung like a fresh paper cut. Everything he ever said, everything he ever did. It haunted me. And I hated it!
As I scrubbed tables I couldn't help but wonder if Remington saw me for that brief moment... perhaps he didn't recognize me? Doubtful. Once you start using, you can't get that look out. That dead, hallow, empty look. The shell of a human. You can recover yes, but finding yourself is next to impossible when bad habits are all you know.
I finished wiping down the tables and gathered some stray straw wrappers, walking behind the counter to throw them away and put back the cleaning utensils.
That's when I heard the muffled voices. Familiar muffled voices.
"Why must you buy weed in every goddamn state Emerson!"
"You don't know what you're missing man."
"You sound like Bob Marley."
"You sound like an idiot."
There was a soft thump followed by a groan before the front doors opened.
Technically we were closed.
I was still ducked behind the counter when I heard a voice above me.
"Excuse us?"
I shot up and for the second time that day, smacked my head off the counter. I groaned.
"Motherfucker!"
When I shot up I realized who it was.
Remington and Emerson!!!!
I played it off though I was dying inside. Holding the now forming egg on my head I sighed.
"Crap..." I mumbled
"Alex?" Emerson said in shock
I sighed again "Yeah... Hi Emerson..."
Remington looked at the floor.
"Hi Remington..."