Congratulations!

Alex:
I sat in the hospital waiting room. My hands shaking. Texting Emerson, I couldn't sit still. I came here to visit Kurt. Turns out drug use can lead to organ failure- organ failure means surgery. Surgery means blood. Blood is something they didn't have enough of. Of course being O positive or negative or whatever means I can donate. Being clean for over 24hrs, I stepped in. Because of my drug reputation, they are testing my blood first. I was freaking out because of everything.
I could be fatally ill- Kurt could die- and Rickey beat the shit out of me this morning for not taking the trash out. I stood up and paced.
About 30 minutes later, Emerson and Remington came running into the hospital like a couple of loonies.
They froze. Staring at me. They looked sweaty and out of breath.
I frowned and hugged them both at the same time.
"What did you run here?" I joke
"Well this one parked eight blocks away." Emerson breathed
"Hey um- what's going on?" Remington asked
I sighed "Kurt- he overdosed and- he's going into organ failure. Unless they operate then he'll die- anyway- he needs blood- I donated but they think I'm some junkie- they're testing it now and- just everything's hitting me now- he can't die- Kurt's like family..."
Emerson hugged me "We're here for you Alex."
"Alexandra?"
I turned around to see a nurse in neat pink scrubs.
"We tested your blood- and congratulations! You're pregnant!"
My eyes rolled back. The room went black.
I was out.