Those fucktards can walk

"How could you do this to me?" I yelled as Remington sobbed
"I'm so sorry Alex!" Remington cried "I'm so sorry!"
"Save it!" I yelled "Get out! Both of you!"
I grabbed my jacket and pack of cigs, tucking my hair behind my ears and storming back into the kitchen.
Moments later I was being slammed into the fridge.
"Damnit Alex!"
It was Emerson.
"What the hell? Get off me!" I yelled as I struggled to get away
"He's hurting Alex! He misses you! Look-!" I kept fighting
"I don't want to talk Emerson!" I yelled
"Fine! Just listen!" Emerson exclaimed
I sighed angrily but nonetheless stopped fighting. Emerson let go of me.
Emerson sighed. "He worked hard on that song, he wrote it for you! He never wrote anything for Pauline! She hated his music! He misses you Alex! Hell he still has a bottle of your perfume hidden in his sock drawer! He looked for you for so long! When you left, he cried every night, he didn't get out of bed or shower or even eat for a week! He got physically sick! And damnit Alex! He loved you!"
I stared at the ground, trying to ignore Emerson. The tears pooled in my eyes.
"...are you done yet?" My voice squeeked
Emerson stood up hesitantly, sighing but held out his arms as of saying I was free to go.
I got the hell out of there, and I was determined to get the hell out of North Dakota.
I hate being in one place too long. Once shit hits the fan. I'm out.

I didn't even make it out of the parking lot before a white van pulled up beside me. To my surprise it was Sebastian.
"Alex-?" He asked confused
I stopped walking and sighed, wiping away the tears that clung in icy droplets on my cheeks. I turned and looked at Sebastian, forcing a smile.
"Hi." My voice cracked
Sebastian frowned when he saw my face.
"Alex...what happened?"
I broke down, I couldn't take it anymore. Sebastian jumped out of the van and hugged me tight. I cried like a baby.
"You saw Remington didn't you?" Sebastian guessed correctly
I cried harder.
"Come on," Sebastian said as he lead me to the passengers side of the van "you're freezing."
Sebastian drove into a closed sears parking lot and parked while I calmed down enough to speak.
"Now." Sebastian said as he parked "What did my bonehead of a baby brother do this time?"
"That song..." I breathed "I can't believe it... he basically told the whole world I'm a drug addict!"
"So?" Sebastian said "Nobody knows it about you-"
"Yes they do Sebastian!" I cut him off "don't pretend like nobody put two and two together!"
I pulled out my cracked phone and logged into Twitter for the first time in god knows how long and looked at the trending hashtags.
Number 1:
#macherieisaboutalex?
I showed Sebastian. He frowned and sighed.
"Look Alex, everyone has their addiction. Hell I think I'm an alcoholic! Emerson could smoke Bob Marley purple and Remington...well- Remington's Drug is you Alex."
(Just waiting for the FIR comments lmfao)
I sighed. The truth is I missed Remington too. Horribly. I just feared losing him again. I hate being alone.
"Sebastian...?" I sighed
"Yes?" Sebastian said lighting two cigarettes and passing one to me
"I miss him- so fucking bad!" I took a long drag as a tear fell but I wiped it away before Sebastian could see.
I sighed blowing smoke "I hate being alone- but I'm scared to get close in fear of being left or rejected- so I torture myself."
"Is that why you turned to drugs?" Sebastian asked
"I don't know man..." I looked at my hands "Possibly- I mean all my life people were getting high, my mother shot up when she was pregnant with my brother... I basically raised him myself well she went out with her drug buddies. I swore I'd never be like her..."
I smiled at the irony "...but here we fucking are..."
I took a long drag on my cigarette as Sebastian sighed.
"It doesn't have to be that way- you are amazing Alex, Remington loves you." Sebastian said
I sighed
"Which is why I'm gonna be brutally honest." Sebastian continued "You're an inconsiderate asshole that thinks life is horrible and everyone hates you. You create problems then wallow in self pity and don't give a damn about how you hurt everyone around you."
I slapped Sebastian.
He didn't react.
"Now we're getting somewhere." Sebastian said
I balled my fists anger, grinding my nails into my palm until I felt a gush of blood- but oddly enough. I relaxed. Letting a single tear drop. He was right. Hell Sebastian is always right.
I said nothing as I tucked my knees up to my chest, staring out into the desolate parking lot.
"Come on." Sebastian said as he threw the van into drive "You can stay with us for a bit."
I tried to argue but Sebastian was having none of it. I eventually gave up.
"What about your brothers?" I asked
Sebastian grinned "Those fucktards can walk."

Ma Chérie | Remington Leithजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें