The needle over me

It was pouring rain but I didn't care. My tires slipped across the wet street but I didn't care. My knuckles turned white as I gripped the steering wheel, gritting my teeth.
I skidded to a stop in the trailer park, slamming my car door and storming up to the front door of Rickey's place.
I wrapped on the tin door with my knuckles. Rain poured down on me. I was drenched in seconds. But I didn't care. I wasn't leaving without Alex.
Rickey answered the door, without a shirt. He looked a mess- obviously.
"What-? Oh. It's you. Look I told you. Alex ain't here. Get lost!" Rickey yelled slamming the door
I pushed the door open and stormed inside.
"Alex? Alex! I know you're here! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I pleaded
Rickey just stood there, rolling his eyes.
"Are you done yet?" Rickey said
I scanned my eyes across everything and everywhere. Where was she?
"I'm not leaving until I see Alex." I said
Rickey scoffed.
"What make you think she wants to see you?"
"Where is she?" I demanded getting in Rickey's face
"Yeah, keep your pants on." Rickey mumbled
He tossed his cigarette into the sink and went into the back room. A few minutes later he came out dragging a completely out of it Alex.
"Alex!" I screamed "What did you do to her?!"
"She's an addict. Once an addict always an addict." Rickey mumbled "Now tell him."
Alex mumbled incoherently, she was barley awake. Fading in and out. Completely out of it.
I put my hands on her shoulders. Rickey was the only think keeping her upright.
"Alex! Alex? Can you hear me? It's Remington! Alex?" I said frantically
"Tell him Alex." Rickey muttered
He shook Alex rather aggressively for she was out cold again.
"Stop it!" I yelled "You'll hurt her!"
"Who's really hurting her? You? Or me? I'm simply- helping her. To forget all about you!" Rickey said "Look at her! You destroyed her!"
I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I wanted to take Alex home with me, hold her in my arms until she was okay again.
"She was clean! She was doing so well! This is all your fault!" I screamed at Rickey
"Really?" Rickey said "Tell him Alex! Tell him what you told me! After we fucked!"
"I, want nothing to do- with- you..." Alex mumbled almost incoherently
"She doesn't mean that! She's high!" I yelled
"She doesn't want you anymore! She's with her family now- we were more of a family to her than you ever were! She's an addict! Always had been! Always will. It's the needle over you Remington. It always will be!" Rickey spat "Get the fuck out of my house. Never come back!"
I hesitated but stormed out of the trailer. Tears streaming down my face.
The needle over me...