"I'll be fine Remington!"

Remington:
I caught Alex before she hit the floor. The nurse got down and started talking to Alex.
"P-pregnant?" I stutter
Me and Emerson's jaws were dropped. I was devastated. But I didn't have time to think about it. Alex was on the ground. She was clearly having a harder time processing this then we were.
"It should be my baby..." I thought
This wasn't how it should be.
"Alex- Alex!" I gently shook her, brushing her hair back and kissing her forehead.
She slowly started to come to. Her eyes opened and she looked up at me. Sitting up she took a deep breath. Throwing her arms around me- to my surprise.
"Oh my god! I had the worst nightmare! I was at the hospital and they told me I was pregnant-!"
Everyone stared at me. Waiting for me to tell her.
I cleared my throat.
"Alex- it wasn't a dream..."
Alex took a deep breath, letting it out slowly as her eyes looked up. Concentrating on her forehead.
"Alex-? Alex-!" I shook her trying to keep her awake
The nurse came back with some water and forced her to drink.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" The nurse said
"It's a bit of a shock to all of us actually..." I mumbled
The nurse smiled sympathetically.
"Well congratulations to you both! Babies are great!"
My jaw dropped. My breath hitched in my throat-
I wish
I wish it was mine!

...

I sat down on a couch in the hospital waiting room. Alex curled up by my side. My arms tightly around her. I placed soft kisses on the top of her head, but she just stared blankly ahead.
Sebastian and Stephanie arrived. It was late.
10 at night.
Emerson's already told Sebastian and Stephanie over the phone. When they arrived, they were quiet and cautious.
"Hey Alex... long time no see?" Stephanie said softly as her and Sebastian took and seat in front of me and Alex.
Alex mumbled something. Keeping her blank stare. I kissed her head and whispered to her.
"It's alright Alex... it's okay..."
no response.
"Is she staying with us?" Sebastian asked softly
I sighed, shrugging.
I wanted her to. I really really wanted her to. But I knew she wouldn't. Not unless I threw her over my shoulder and carried her.
"No-" Alex said still staring blankly "I have to take care of something..."
Alex stood up but I grabbed her wrist.
"Alex- no." I protested "At least let me drive you."
Alex yanked her arm away, breaking my grip.
"I'll be fine Remington." She said coldly
Without another word. She walked out the door.