Chapter XIII

Her eyes slowly opened, awakening herself from her deep sleep.

She shot up but instantly regretted it as her whole body fell into pain, especially her arm.

She looked around and her eyes fell on the injury on her arm that was now wrapped in cotton.

Then her gaze fell on her hand which was being held by an unconscious Jungkook.

She quickly moved her hand away and regretted it once again as the pain in her arm only became worse and resulted in Jungkook's eyes flattering open.

He stared at Yeona for a few seconds before he shot up and clenched his jaw as he was looking down at her weakened state.

"You really like disobeying me, huh?" He cracked a sarcastic chuckle and continued before letting her even speak "because of your stubbornness you got injured." He glared at her and pointed at her arm.

"It doesn't even hurt that much. And you should be thanking me, I killed that Yoongi guy." She smiled at him, innocently, but quickly changed her expression once Jungkook bursted into laughter, throwing his head but and holding his stomach.

"Thank you? Thank you?! You put yourself in danger and almost got yourself killed and now you want me to thank you?!" He raised his voice by each word that left his lips which startled Yeona a little bit.

Her eyes widened at his tone and the glare that he was constantly giving her.

"Well what do you want me to do?! Sit here and do absolutely nothing?!" She raised her voice as well to hide her shocked expressions and stood up from the bed, ignoring the pain that was rushing through her body. The only thing she felt now was anger "plus, me dying is what you always wanted anyway." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"That's not true and you know that, Yeona! Don't start with your nonsense again!"

"Nonsense? Oh right, you call everything that is true and used against you all nonsense, don't you, captain?" She walked closer to him, making their chests bump and close the distance between their bodies.

"You don't know what you are talking about, Princess." He smirked, using the nickname just to piss her off.

"Why didn't I just kill you when I had the chance?"

Jungkook frowned. 'You have the ability to kill me any time, at any moment, you just haven't realized it yet.' He thought and stayed silent, admiring her features as the memories kept flooding his mind.

Flashback 5 years ago

"Jungkook! Slow down!" Yeona laughed as they both ran down the castle, hand in hand.

He smiled and stopped in his steps, turning around and going behind her to put his hands to cover her eyes.