Chapter XXXIV

• The Finale •

Yeona's POV

I leaned over the edge of the ship, looking up at the dark sky, the stars gazing back at me.

I sighed deeply as I watched the kingdom get smaller and smaller as we went further by each passing second.

The night was quiet. Only the sounds of waves were heard as all of the pirates were dead asleep. I was back in my enemy's ship, and I don't think I'll ever leave again.

Suddenly I felt presence next to me, but I kept my gaze on the dark sky.

"It's crazy, isn't it?" Jungkook asked and I felt his eyes on me. I stayed silent and he continued.

"You put my through so much bullshit, Yeona. You said you hated me, wanted to destroy me, yet here you are again, by my side." He smiled.

I sighed once again and removed my weight from the railing, trying to walk past him, but I felt his hand grab my wrist.

"Why are you always running away from me?" He asked as a frown formed on his red lips. His hair was slightly damp and his clothes had small rips here and there. He looked handsome, but when did he not?

I stayed silent as we both looked at each other in the eyes. He gulped and looked down at my wrist which was captured in his hands until he finally spoke,

"Do you remember your promise before the day I left?" He asked and memories upon memories started flooding back into my mind.

Flashback - 4 Years Ago

I sat down on the bench that was placed in the huge garden next to Jungkook. I smiled up at him but his expression was saddened and stressed.

I took his hands in mine and frowned "What's wrong?" I asked him, curiously.

He looked up at me, sorrow was seen in his eyes "C-can you promise me something, Yeona?" He asked as his voice broke.

I simply gave a nod and he continued "Promise me that you'll be by my side, no matter what. Promise me you will never leave me alone. Promise me that you will love me the same everyday."