Chapter XXVIII

I sat in the carriage right next to Taehyung as we were headed to the Stoning empire. I was lost in thoughts as I kept replaying Taehyung's words over and over again.

"What if I told you that he is dead? I wonder what our future would hold."

Was if he actually is dead? Who knows? Taehyung has all the power in the world to do such a thing without guilt.

He is simply crazy.

But I wonder what made him this way. He has always had what we wanted or wished for.

But then why was he hidden for all these years? Who is Taehyung? Even better question, what is he?

I was snapped out of my thoughts once I felt someone nudging my shoulder. I turned in its direction and there sat Taehyung, holding two masks in his hands.

I raised an eyebrow, silently questioning him.

"Take one of these. After dinner with the King and Queen we will head to a masquerade party."

He handed me one of them which covered my eyes. It was decorated in white and red diamonds, with several drawing on the sides.

Once we finally arrived to the castle, Taehyung gave me his hand to hold and shot me a glare, a threatening glare. I had no choice but to accept, or who knows when he will explode again.

We walked in the castle, hand in hand but something felt off. This place was more than just familiar but I chose to ignore it and follow his lead.

The huge doors opened up, revealing a dining room. At the both ends of the table sat the queen and king themselves. They both stood up, making me and Taehyung bow down to them.

The same feeling was back. I've been here before. I've seen this king before. I cautiously looked around, examining the room to remember something, anything!

"Please, sit down." The king spoke and my vision was back on him.

Me and Taehyung both sat down next to each other and enjoyed the dinner, well, at least they did. The way the king looked like was a picture which was re-drawing itself in my mind. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better look at him but I just couldn't remember.

The rest of it was just a blur as I kept zoning out, trying to retrace my memories but nothing came up. And all too suddenly I was already standing in the middle of strangers with a mask attached to my face.

I looked around and sighed in relief since I didn't spot Taehyung anywhere near me. Finally, I could breathe.

I grabbed a glass of wine, taking a sip as I looked around the room full of royals. Some were chatting, some were talking and some were dancing.

I enjoyed my drink and music until I caught a person staring at me. He was wearing a mask and just staring at me with his arms crossed. I couldn't tell who it was until realized exactly who it was until he showed his smirk.

My eyes widened and my eyes followed his movements. He kept coming closer to where I was standing, and anyone would think that he would speak to me but instead he slipped a note in my hand and passed, walking further away in the crowd of people.

My gaze was fixed on him until he disappeared and I gazed back at the note he gave me.

Restroom, 9PM

I'll be waiting.

I looked around me and at the huge clock which showed 8:57PM. I hid the note and took one last sip of my wine before I walked over to the said location.

"Hello?" I called out and took baby steps in, closing the door behind me. I looked around but saw no one there. My eyebrows furrowed together and I turned around, ready to leave.

But things didn't go as planned as my body was pushed towards the sink. His hands made their way towards either sides of my body and trapped me against the sink while his lips occupied my own.

The kiss was aggressive and harsh, yet passionate at the same time.

Once he finally broke the kiss and backed away the the tiniest bit, he looked straight into my eyes with his dark ones, a smirk taking over his features.

"Did you miss me, love?" He rasped out, and smashed his lips against mine, once again.

- - -

Is it Taehyung or Jungkook? OH THE SUSPENSE!