Chapter XXII

Jungkook's POV

I was dragged away from the room and down the stairs of the castle. I watched as the person I love the most slipped out of my grasp once again. I almost had her. She was almost mine.

But almost wasn't enough.

My body made contact with the dirty floor as I was tossed into the dungeons where they kept their prisoners. They carelessly threw me away but who could blame them?

They shut the gates so that I couldn't escape. But I had to get her back, even if it costs me my own life.

I gained my balance and limped my way towards the gate, holding onto the bars and trying my best to look around for anything that could help me, until I heard the sound of heels clicking on rock.

That's when I saw a tall female, her back facing me and looking around the dungeon. I couldn't tell who she was but something about her seemed more than familiar.

She finally turned around and my eyes widened as well as hers.

"Jungkook..." she whispered, covering her mouth, her eyes glistening with tears.

"Mother?"

She immediately ran towards my cell and searched her pockets, taking out few keys. She tried jamming each in the lock until she finally got the right one as my eyes follower her every move.

The door creaked open and she rushed in, pulling me into an embrace, which I accepted.

Once she finally pulled away she started examining my face and body.

"Why are you here? I thought you left! Why did you leave me alone, Jungkookie? Are you hurt? What happened? Did you find her?" She started bombing me with question.

"Mom, I'm fine. Listen it's a long story but I found her. The only thing separating us now is... Taehyung." I whispered to her.

She frowned "Listen honey. You and Taehyung never got along but you must learn how to. After all, he is your half-brother."

I sighed and looked down "Can you help me get her back?" I asked, desperately seeking help.

She frowned once again and shook her head "I have no power against your brother now, Jungkook. Everything changed after the war and after your father's death. Taehyung took over and I haven't felt like his mother in years." She tried holding back her tears.

I took a hold of both of her shoulders and looked into her eyes, begging her. "Please mom, she's the only person that can fix me. She's the only one who can bring me happiness and I can't have her if you don't help me. Please..."

After a long sigh released from my mother she finally nodded and my eyes lit up in excitement.

I made a promise. I'm making her mine, no matter the consequences.

- - -

1K reads! LETS GOOOOO BOII!