Chapter XXVII

Two weeks have passed since her last encounter with Jungkook. She hasn't heard anything from or about him, making her worry and question everything.

Maybe he was back on his ship, sailing the sea or he was still here, in her kingdom waiting for the perfect time to take strike.

Yeona has been avoiding Taehyung. Every time he entered her room, she would stay silent until he got bored and left.

But, perhaps avoiding him today would be much more difficult as they were both invited for a dinner with the Queen and King of the Stoning empire.

She sat behind her vanity, brushing her hair since she dismissed all of the maids.

Not long after, a knock was heard from the other side of the door.

Her head snapped in its direction and before even granting permission, the door opened, revealing a tall man.

"Are you ready?" Taehyung asked, but Yeona turned her gaze to the mirror, staying silent and ignoring him the way she has done for the past two weeks.

"Are you still going to just pretend I don't exist? It's getting old, Yeona, and it's pissing me off." He glared, walking over to her vanity as he held a crown in his hands, one of his own already placed on his head.

Silence.

He sighed and put the crown on her head from behind her, smiling to himself before he took a seat next to her.

"Are you still waiting for your Prince Charming to come rescue you?" He smirked at the girl who kept silent.

He aggressively took her chin in between his fingers, making her head snap into his direction, their nose brushing against each other.

"Answer me." He gritted his teeth.

Silence.

He chuckled and let go of her chin, placing his hand on her thigh.

"So stubborn." He chuckled once again.

Yeona looked down at his hand that was on her thigh and back up at him, shooting him a glare and slapping his hand away.

"I don't need anyone to rescue me." She snapped, fixing her glare on him.

He plastered a smirk "and no one will." He whispered, his tone deep and low.

"What do you mean?" She furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"What if I told you that maybe, just maybe, your beloved Jungkook may have given up?"

She looked down and frowned. She hasn't seen him for over two weeks. Maybe that was true. Maybe he really did give up.

"Chin up princess, the crown's slipping." He pulled her chin up, making her gaze into his eyes.

"Why did you tell me he was back on his ship when he was clearly held captive here?" She asked.

"Ah. So gullible. You really thought I would follow your stupid deal?" He chuckled and shook his head "You trust people too easily, honey."

She smirked at him, her gaze darkening as she opened up a drawer of her vanity.

"You remember our deal, don't you? You may not follow it, but I do. I don't like unfair. Yes, I follow the rules, but I use them to my advantage." She smirked wider, pulling out a knife and holding it against his chest.

Flashback - Three weeks ago

Once Jungkook and the rest of the guards were gone Yeona gritted her teeth and glared at Taehyung.

"First of all, get your hands off me. Second of all, let Jungkook and his crew free and if you don't I will kill you with my bare hands. And lastly, don't talk, touch or even look at me or else,"

She turned her body towards him and whispered in his ear "You'll be nothing but just a memory"

End Of Flashback

"One rule broken. I'm not killing you with my bare heads. But I'm breaking you with them. I can do easily destroy everything that you cherish and love so dearly. Maybe then, and only then, you will understand what it's like to be me." She smirked, pressing the knife against his skin.

"Only one rule broken? You told me if I touched or looked at you, I'd turn into a memory, but here we are, closer than ever." He chuckled.

"You've got a lot of nerve, talking back to me when I have a knife and your miserable life in my hands." She smirked.

"You wouldn't dare. One single threat and you'll back away in a blink of an eye." He smirked at her as well.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "What?"

"You see Yeona, you are a strong and brave girl but you have one weakness which makes me the winner in every game we play. Jungkook. You have the ability to decide what happens to him and I just grant you the wish, based on how you act."

She got distracted, losing herself in her own thoughts causing her grip on the knife to loosen giving Taehyung the advantage to take it away from her and use the weapon against her.

"What if I told you that you won't ever see him again.

What if I told you that he is dead? I wonder what our future would hold."

- - -

Are you guys voting on Mwave and AAA? If not, go vote!