Chapter XIX

As Jungkook was still shocked as his gaze was on the knights, Yeona took the chance and pulled his sword from his belt and immediately started taking down the knight who was charging at them.

Jungkook took the sword of the bleeding knight who was severely injured and started attacking as well.

As many of them they took down, guards kept coming and increasing instead of decreasing. They'd take down five and ten more would show up.

It was two versus about fifty of them. As they both knew that they couldn't win, they shot each other a glare and nodded as they communicated by their eyes.

The both of them attacked the guards and knights, trying to make it to the door to run and hide.

Yeona's arm was still healing, which made everything a lot harder for her. Finally, they both made it to the end of the room and made a run for it, interlocking their hands with one another, once again.

They ran up the stairs and made it into a huge hallway, walking into the room at the very end and locking it, pushing different pieces of furniture to secure the door even more.

Their heavy breathing was the only thing heard, apart from the footsteps outside of the room they were currently in.

Yeona darted her eyes around the huge room and took in her surrounding until she realized that it was the meeting room, where the royals would discuss about the empire almost everyday.

Jungkook finally caught his breathe and walked over to the table, opening up a cabinet. He took out papers upon papers while Yeona kept looking at him with a confused expression.

She also walked to him and looked over the things he was taking out until he finally spoke.

"Yeona." He called out and turned his body towards him, making her look up at him "I told you, that there are things you don't know yet. And now I'm finally going to prove everything.

Look into the papers. You'll find everything there." He said and nodded towards the pile of papers which were placed on the table.

She started looking over the papers, but her confusion never left her as all the papers were just some agreements and contracts that were made for the kingdom a long time ago.

Yeona looked up at him and back at the paper she was holding "there's nothing here, Jungkook."

His eyebrows crashed together and looked over the papers himself before his eyes widened.

He started intensely looking through every single paper but he was left with a confused expression as well.

"Someone knew that I was coming here and hid the evidence." He mumbled under his breath, stressing himself out even more.

"Or there is no such thing as evidence and this is just another stupid lies of yours!" Yeona yelled and threw the papers in his face.

Just as he was about to respond, knocking and yells interrupted him "Open up this door until we break it down! We know you're in there!" One of the knights yelled from the other side.

Their eyes widened once again and looked at the balcony, rushing to it and pushing the door open, only to see a very big distance between their feet and the ground.

Without any other ideas or time, the knights barged into the room, making them pull out their weapons for defense, but a guy walked in the room, his hands behind his back and a smug smirk plastered on his face.

"Tsk tsk tsk." He shook his head "what a shame that you came all the way over to Atharid, only to seek for something you'll never get." He pulled out multiple sheets of paper and looked over them.

Yeona was lost. She had never seen this man before but he looked around their age and he was quite handsome. But his voice. It was the same voice talking to the guard when they were hiding in the closet.

Jungkook glared at the man in front of him and gripped his weapon tighter "Just hand over the papers and we'll be on our way, Taehyung."

"Prince Taehyung for you, dear brother. But I'm afraid I have something you want and you have something I want." He smirked and continued,

"I'll take Princess Yeona, and you will receive your precious evidence. You'll never see her again but might as well let her know the truth, hm?"

"Hold on! Since when am I an object you can just trade to each other? And who are you?" Yeona pointed at Taehyung "And what are the papers all about?"

"Yeona I-" Jungkook started but Taehyung interrupted.

"So naive, Princess. I can't believe you've had this kind of hatred towards him to not even listen to him." He chuckled "maybe it would be much more simple if you did." He tapped his chin and looked back at the papers and up at Yeona.

"These papers you ask? These are everything you need to hear and read to change your life. But I'm afraid I do not give things without receiving something I want." He smirked.

"Me." Yeona mumbled and looked over at Jungkook who was still burning holes in the smirking male's body.

"Tell me the truth and I'll give you what you want." Yeona spoke, only wanting to know the truth. She was tired of trying to figure everything out, searching hopelessly for the missing pieces of the puzzle. She wanted it to end.

"Do we have a deal?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeona, no! Please, you just have to believe me. He will make your life miserable. Please don't."

"Just tell me the truth already!" Yeona ignored the helpless jungkook who was practically begging her, while Taehyung smirked as he handed her the papers. The guards were still in the room, so they couldn't attack nor escape as she started scanning the papers.

Tears welled up in her eyes, images of her parents flashing in her mind. She dropped the papers on the floor and started shaking as she looked over at Jungkook.

"I-it was all a l-lie?" She stuttered looking back and forth from Jungkook to Taehyung.

"Yeona I'm sorry but what I did was for you. Everything was for you! I never lied! All I wanted to do was protect you!" Jungkook yelled.

But she couldn't hear a thing. Everything she believed. Everything she saw. Everything she was told,

Was

Just

A

Lie.

"My kingdom started this and yours ended it." She mumbled, while Taehyung was happily watching the girl get even more broken and completely shatter, as Jungkook couldn't do anything, because now, they weren't on his ship.

She didn't belong to him anymore.

-

Do you guys want a happy or sad ending? I have ideas for both.