Baseball

****Lacey's POV****

I woke up the next morning to voices downstairs which I could detect was Dan and my mum. It felt weird to know that a guy was in the house and he could walk in at any moment and see me without any make up on.

I took a quick shower and got changed into my black jeans and a striped top.

I made my way downstairs and went into the kitchen to find them both having a coffee and sat at the table.

"Hey baby." Mum said and pulled out the chair next to her. "I've made you a drink."

"Thank you." I said and sat down next to her. "Have you been keeping each other company?"

"Yeah Dan's been telling me all the secrets about your time in Marbs. I didn't know a girl could be that wild."

"I wasn't that wild in Marbs. Have you been telling lies about me?"

"No." Dan said and stood up. "Anyway I need to go and meet the boys at James'. Thank you for letting me stay last night."

"It's been a pleasure." Mum said and gave him a hug. "It was nice having a bit of company this morning."

"I'll see you soon." I said and gave him a hug. "I'm sure I'll see you at that baseball thing tonight."

He made his way out and I sat down next to her, sipping on the coffee she made me.

"He seems nice. Why can't you ever seem to get a man like that?" She asked.

"Mum you don't know anything about him. He's a total nightmare with the girls and if I ever got to even know him I'd have Amber and Megan on my case."

"How are them two?"

"I haven't seen them in a couple of days but I don't want to really. I'm sure they'll be there tonight which I'm not really going to enjoy."

"Don't let them get to you."

****3rd Person****

Dan made his way into the bar to find James, Mike and Mario all there talking with Yaz.

"Hey where was you last night?" Mario asked.

"I went over to Lacey's to have a quiet night in ad then stayed the night. I just wanted a chilled night so we had a cuddle and shared a pizza." Dan explained. "I've never had than one on one time with her."

"Did anything happen then?" James asked.

"I could see she wanted it but I didn't make a move or anything. She had her legs all over me and was making some advances."

"Do you think she liked you then?" Mike asked.

"Yeah. I don't know whether I would ever pursue anything but she's a nice girl."

"Mate you can't get involved with another girl. Things are still going on with Amber." James exclaimed.

"I don't know what's going on with her anymore. One minute she seems fine about in and then she's crying."