Brighton

****Lacey's POV****

It's been a week since the boat race and Arg invited me on his trip down to Brighton for the weekend. All the others are coming and on the first day we decided to go and have a beach pic and have a look around.

I was wearing a lace bralette with an oversized jumper as it was quite cold.

"You look amazing today" Chloe said as we walked away from the rest of the group with Gemma and Lauren. "How have you been?"

"Good I've been working a lot so I haven't really seen anyone this past week."

"Wait so when was the last time you saw Dan?" Lauren asked.

"That party but we've been FaceTiming every night and he texts me all the time."

"You two are so cute."

"I know." I said and started blushing. "So how's everything with you and Arg?"

"I think this is almost do or die for us." Gemma said. "This is his chance to show me how this can be special and give us a chance. I'm meeting some of his family again and hopefully we can reconnect."

"I do think you're the one for each other but sometimes you just can't be together."

"Yeah."

"So did you hear about Myles cheating on Courtney?" Lauren said.

"What?!"

"He cheated on her a couple of times when they were together. I don't know whether Courtney knows or not though." Lauren explained.

"That's horrible. I know we don't get along like we used to but I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

"Yeah." Chloe said. "Have you spoken to Jon?"

"No I've been avoiding him. He has an obsession with Dan and he just keeps causing trouble and I hope he doesn't cause any trouble with you two."

"I didn't think so." I told her. "I'll tell him straight if he does."

****

For our first night together we all went out to a club. I had got changed into a white crop top and my skinny pants as it was still quite too cold for a mini dress.

I went in with the girls and I departed from them to find Pete at the bar.

"Hi boy." I said and gave him a hug. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright this is a nice little departing weekend."

"I'm doing to miss you." I said.

"So will I. But on the plus side at least you've got the house to yourself and I'll be out of your way for a little while."

"How are you feeling about that?"

"I'm a bit lost to be honest with you. I've got Shelby but I just think I don't want to have to worry about her. I'm going to have a chat with her tonight and hopefully sort something out. Last night wasn't very good for that."

"No I heard she was wasted."

"It was a nightmare."

****

Pete went off to find Shelby and I went off to go and find someone else. I was walking around when I found Dan at the bar.

"Hello Sir." I said and walked up next to him. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Hello miss." He said and gave me a peck. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too. Are you having a good night?"

"Well I am now." He said which made me laugh. "Joking this whole trip has started off well. I had a good time with the boys today but I was hoping tomorrow we could do something together."

"What would you like to do?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

"I'd like that." I said and gave him another kiss. "I'll be ready tomorrow night for you."

"Thanks. Make sure you dress quite comfortable as well. We might have a little walk."

"I will do." I said. "So did you hear about Courtney and Myles and their whole thing?"

"Yeah I honestly don't know why he did that. But it's Jon again and he's only going to get an earful again because it seems like he's gone into someone else's business."

*****

I found the other girls in the club and as I was stood with them I found Lockie at the bar and he was looking pretty sad.

"What's going on with you?" I asked and gave him a hug.

"Yaz didn't want to come out with me and she feels like she's not very welcomed by some of the group. I think she's fine with you Lace and Pete but I think some of them don't like her." He He explained. "She's got jealousy problems and that won't change."

"I think it would be nice for her to see how far you've come."

"Yeah I think she would see a difference in you." I told him. "Obviously I met you a couple of years ago and you was very different."

"I want her to see that but I don't know whether she believes in us. She's got this insecurity and she needs to try and resolve that first."

"It's hard though because I had that and you just need I support her through that."

"How's the Dan thing going?" James asked. "Have you seen him tonight?"

"Yeah we have planned to go out tomorrow on a little date thing. I think the distance we've had this past week has shown we are independent but I still missed him."

"That's sweet." Pete joked. "You two make me sick."

*****

The next day we went for a beach volleyball competition in the morning and then I went out with the girls in the afternoon for a bit of shopping. I went back early though to get ready for my night with Dan.

I got changed into a black top which showed a bit of cleavage, my jeans and a cream over coat. I then changed into some pumps and got my clutch bag.

I went downstairs into the hotel reception and found Dan there with some flowers.

"Thank you so much." I said after we greeted each other. "I think I'll just put these back upstairs and then we can go out."

After a quick kiss in my room we came back downstairs and ventured out into the centre of town. He found a little restaurant or us and managed to find a table in the corner for us.

"Thank you for tonight. It's nice to just get away from everyone and have a nice time with you. I haven't seen you in a while and I know when we're in Essex we have some trouble and I don't want that."

"As long as we both know where we're at though then everything should be fine."

"What exactly are we?" I asked him timidly. "We've gone from being nothing to something and that's partially my fault because I know that you might not feel that way."

"I know that I do like you though."

"I know that you've had commitment issues though I don't want to make it official between us. I just want us to be exclusive."

"I don't want to be with anyone other than you anyway."

"Thanks."

After we finished we went and had a walk on the beach which finished with him walking me back to my hotel only to stay the night.

****Author's Note****

I hope you like this chapter.

Vote and comment any suggestions.

Xx