End of Summer Gala

****Lacey's POV****

A week after the whole gym situation I had kind of taken myself away from the group for another week. I just feel like I can't do anything right in the situation with Amber and Courtney. I also knew that Yaz wasn't in a very good place.

However tonight was the end of summer ball and I needed to go and get a dress so I went with Lauren. We found the perfect dress and then went for a walk in the centre of town. I was wearing my big bomber jacket with my jeans.

"You know them boys are going to be all over you tonight. I'll have to tell the boys to look after you."

"They can be all over me but it won't make a difference. I just want to have fun."

"Well good for you. Just make sure you don't flash anyone."

"I'll try not to. That would be awkward."

"Hey isn't that Courtney and Amber." She whispered pointing to some other girls.

"Yeah But Lauren I really don't want to speak to them."

"Tough I do." She said and dragged me over.

"Lauren hi." Amber said and went to kiss her cheek. "I see you've got a dress for tonight."

"I don't know why you're trying to make small talk with me. I heard what you said to Lace last week and that really wasn't nice. I know you don't like her but to say such cruel things about her."

"She wasn't exactly all innocent in this. She was the one who made a comment about me and Dan."

"You do realise she kind of has a right to be angry. I mean he moved on quicker than anyone I've ever known."

"I guess that just shows we're meant to be together."

"Lauren can we leave it." Courtney said.

"Oh and you don't think you're getting away with it. Why did you message her saying she was the reason all the arguments happened?"

"Because that's what I was told."

"I never did that Courtney." I almost whispered. "I would never do that."

"Trying to be all innocent now." Amber almost shouted in my face. "Come on Courtney."

I watched them walk away and Lauren linked my arm in the other direction.

"I really don't know what to do. I can't do anything right."

"Don't blame yourself honey she was out for you then."

****

The afternoon consisted of me getting my hair and nails done and then I got ready and got finished of by my favourite. make up artist by the end of it I think I did look pretty spectacular but I was late.

I arrived and not to brag but I could feel everyone's eyes on me so I made my way over to Pete and James at the bar.

"Lace you do know this isn't a fashion show." Pete said and pulled me into a hug.

"I had to make an effort didn't I. Show them all that I don't care."

"Good for you." James said. "I heard you bumped into them this morning."

"Yeah and I'm glad I had Lauren there or I don't know what I would have done. I just wanted to talk and it went the wrong way."

"I feel like we all need each other right now." James said. "I'm a bit annoyed at Dan still as he hasn't made an effort since we had that chat"