Baby Shower

****Lacey's POV*****

We came back from Dublin and I arranged to go and meet up with Chloe and Courtney to have a chat. We decided to go and try out the new gym in town and had a bit of a workout first.

I was wearing a grey, cropped jumper and some leggings. It was a bit hot but I liked the outfit.

"Have you heard what happened with Pete and Megan?" Courtney asked. "I spoke to Megan this morning and she seemed so down about it. They really thought they were getting along and then they realised they were unhappy."

"Pete messaged me this morning and asked if we can have a little chat. I want to be there for him but I know it looks bad."

"Think about the positives." Chloe said. "This could be what brings you and Megan back together. Like you've both got common ground."

"I doubt that with everything that happened with Amber and Dan. I'm guessing you heard all about it."

"Yeah we went out for a meal with them and she was really upset. I think I can understand where she's coming from like the photo isn't the best." Courtney said and I did feel like she was digging me out a bit.

"I understand that but why didn't she just tell me that instead of presuming it." I told them. "I did feel really bad when the photos come out but she hasn't come to me for answers. I've messaged her but she hasn't replied."

"What did you say?"

I pulled out my phone and got the message up. "Hi Amber its Lacey. I've seen the photos and I think now I'm back it would be good to meet up. I know we haven't seen eye to eye but this shouldn't be the reason you end things."

"That was a nice gesture."

"I know. I can't be blamed for all this if I've given them the chance to say something to me. If she comes up to me tonight then I'm not going to have it, she should have said something before."

****

That afternoon I was invited to Cara's baby shower with the girls. Because she was having a boy I wore a baby blue dress. I know Cara as we went to school together and Georgia and both of us were in the same group.

"Lacey I haven't seen you in so long." Cara said as she greeted me with a hug as I came up to their table. "It must have been before Ibiza."

"I know and that was before you even met Nathan. I did watch you in Love Island by the way and I voted for you every single time."

"Thank you. I always thought you'd be the first one to get pregnant."

"Well you've took that spot now." I said and sat down next to them all.

"Lacey is probably the only one single in the room right now out of all of us." Georgia said. "I always thought you were the most motherly out of us all. Like we'll be on a night out and you're always the designated driver."

"I feel like I'll be the aunt that's always there." I told them. "I'm going to but her loads and I'm always up for babysitting duties."

"Is this going to be with a guy?" Cara asked. "Come on this whole Dan, Pete, Jordan and whoever else is getting out of control."

"I really want to settle down but things aren't right with any of them right now."

We had a bit of a party and some good before Nathan walked in with Tommy and the rest of the boys. Nathan came and gave me a hug before standing next to Tommy and Cara.

"This is an amazing cake." Amber D said. "We never doubted you Nathan."

"I made this with my own fair hands."

"That is a joke." I said. "So are you two in a good place right now? Have you decided the birthing plan?"

"I want a water birth but if I do that then he has to come in with me. I think at the moment we're in a good place but my hormones haven't quite peaked yet. By the end of the pregnancy he'll be bold."

"Who's he going to look like?"

"He's got big lips and he looks quite big which doesn't really go with either of us." Nathan said. "I just hope he doesn't have my height, no one takes me seriously."

****

Tonight was Gatsby's party and everyone was going all out with the theme. I was wearing a dress which kind of represented the theme but was still just an ordinary dress.

"You look lovely." Chloe S said and gave me a hug. "How are you doing?"

"Alright I guess, I think I've made a little argument with me and Courtney today." I told her and then gave Lauren a hug. "She kind of made a dig about me and the whole Amber thing."

"I'm sure she didn't mean it and it kind of came from the whole thing. She obviously caught up with Amber first and she had her opinions in her head." Lauren said.

"What's going on with you?" I asked her. "I heard all about the whole Jon and Mario thing."

"Everything is just so up in the air and I don't know what to do. I have Jon on one side and we have been in a really good place. Then I have Mario on the other and I've been friends with him for a long time."

"I'm going to be honest with you here. I think you're making a big mistake by even thinking about stopping your friendship. Jon doesn't like me and I'm fine with that but I know that had a part to play in the argument."

"But I can't just choose one side."

"It seems like you already have."

****

I was outside later texting my mum when I noticed Amber coming out.

"Hi." She said and stopped in front of me. "I've come to have a chat about this all. I've heard you've been saying some things about me today."

"Why do you think it's alright to come and speak to me now?" I questioned her. "We could have met up this afternoon and been civil about it all but you've made a scene like this. I don't think I need to explain myself."

"What even with the pictures that have come out?"

"We all know that those pictures were misleading. Diags is in the background for goodness sake."

"I bet you'd come to plant your ideas in his head though. You can't seem to stop talking about our relationship."

"Honey I have better things to do with my time. Actually it was Dan who invited me in and all we did was talk about Jon and Mario. You didn't even come up in conversation."

"Keep it that way."

****Author's Note****

I hope you like this chapter.

Vote and comment any suggestions.

Xx