Christmas Day

****Lacey's POV***

Christmas Day came about quite quickly and before I knew it I woke up at Pete's house on the day itself. I turned over to find Pete already awake and looking at me.

"Merry Christmas baby." He said and leaned in to give me a kiss.

"Merry Christmas. How long have you been awake? You could have woken me up."

"I just wanted to watch you for a minute. Take in the fact that I've actually got you back with me this Christmas."

"I've got you back as well." I said and then I felt the bed wobble as Eric and Lola jumped on the bed and came over. "Merry Christmas babies."

"I think they're going to get spoiled today aren't they?"

"Yes they are and we better get up. You've got a Christmas dinner to sort out but first we need to open our presents."

****

We made our way downstairs and sat in front of the tree which was filled with presents. We opened our family and friends first and I seemed to be inundated with make up and bath products. Pete got a lot of joke presents from the boys and then clothes from his family.

The babies were next and the also got a lot of toys from both of us and or families. They then went off occupies so Pete and I could give our presents to each other.

"You should go first." I told him. "I've got your presents here."

"Fine." He said and picked up the first one to find a pair of joke socks. I gave him all the funny ones first which included a Ralph Lauren shirt and some shoes. Then I got onto the big one.

"Now I didn't know what to get you and I know that it probably doesn't meet your expectations but I thought it was perfect..."

"Babe I'm sure it will be perfect." He said and gave me a kiss. It seemed to take him forever to peel away the wrapping paper before it revealed he item. "Babe why have you got me a picnic box?"

"Open it."

I watched him open it and pull out the items one by one. I'd filled the box with keepsakes from our relationship including cards and presents we'd given each other.

"I can't believe you kept all this." He pulled out a Christmas card from our first Christmas together. "I can remember picking this one out. I was so worried, I'd never picked out a card for a girl before and I needed to take my mum."

"This is all just to say that I know we've had a tough journey but I wouldn't change this for the world. I've kept all this for a reason because I want to remember our time together and show our children how much we love each other."

"Thank you baby. Now you need to open your presents."

The first lot were all clothes and a spa day for the both of us to use. He also gave me a new pair of shoes and before I knew it there was no presents left.

"There is one more present for you though." He said and pulled me up from where I was sat. He then grabbed my hand and took me into his bedroom once again.

"Pete if this is you trying to get me into bed again...."

"Stop. This is your present." He said and opened up one of his draws only for it to be empty.

"What's this meant to be? It's empty."

"That's the point babe. I know we've not been together long but I feel like this is the right time to make the move. The dogs love each other and I love you so why don't we spend as much time together as possible. I want you to move in with me."

"Is that you asking me?"

He rolled his eyes before getting down on one knee. "Lacey Pope will you do the honour of moving in with me?"

"Of course I will." I said and wrapped my arms around him. "This is the best present you could have given me so thank you."

@laceypope: Merry Christmas to you all from me, Pete and the dogs 🎄

*****

We had a bit of time on our own before Pete's parents and mine came for dinner. I was helping in the kitchen when the phone went so I let Pete answer and waited for them all to come in the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas." His mum Tracy shouted and pulled me into a hug. "Has Pete got you in her slaving over he stove rather than having a glass of red?"

"It's fine. I had to come in otherwise he would have had five jobs to do at a time. Why don't you all go and get sorted then go and sit at the table? I'm just dishing up now."

"We'll see you in a bit then."

They all made their way out but my mum stayed behind and came up next to me.

"You look really happy." She commented.

"I am happy."

"I'm glad. I know that we've had our doubts about Pete but today just shows that he does care for you."

"I know. I think we've turned a corner today."

I finished bowling everything up and then Pete and I toon everything out to the table. The dogs had their own little bowl with some turkey as we all sat down and dug in.

"This is lovely." His Dad commented. "I know Pete couldn't produce all this in his own so thanks Lacey."

"Hey! I'll have you know that she only helped at the end. She's been polishing a bottle of wine before I asked her to help."

"As she should do."

"I know." He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Thanks for coming today. I know that you all probably had doubts about our relationship but I think days like this show we are meant to be together."

"Here's to Pete and Lacey." My Dad raised his glass and we all joined in.

"Cheers."

****Author's Note****

I hope you like this chapter. Merry Christmas to all of you and I'll be back in the new year 🎄🎄

Vote and comment any suggestions.

Xx