Chapter 13

The class soon ended after Ashley had successfully distracted me from doing my homework. The bell rang telling us that it is time to go to lunch. I was really happy because I was really hungry. I packed up my stuff while Ashley waited for me at the edge of my desk.

Ashley and I walked out of class and were talking about how hungry we were until we opened the cafeteria doors. The smell of food and the sound of people talking filled my ears and nose. We both started walking to the line and we got some Hey's and Hello's from people as we walked by.

We finally got our food, I had gotten a hamburger and Ashley got a piece of pizza. I asked Ashley where she wanted to sit and she chose a group that we all had the same history class together. They waved us over and we took the last open seats at the round table. We all talked about how boring the class was and how many of us actually did the homework.

Only half of us actually did all the homework. The other half did half of it and I started laughing.  If it was up to me I wouldn't have done any of the homework. But since the situation at home I can't do that. No one knows but Ashley, and she wasn't about to tell everyone.

I had finished all my food after hearing them all argue about how we could skip and not go to that class. I wasn't really listening I was more day dreaming about what was going to happen when I get home. I was snapped out of it when one of the girls asked if I was okay. I said "Oh I am fine I was just thinking." She gave me an okay look and then started to talk again. I just thought to myself is it going to be okay though?