Chapter 35

It was the end of the day. I still haven't talked to Ashley.  I had texted Ashley to meet on the side of the school but I haven't seen her go out the front doors yet. When she came out she looked at her phone. I guess she never saw the text until now because once she read it she started to fast walk.

I had backed up on the wall and then Ashley rounded the corner. Before she said anything I immediately apologized for ignoring her all day. I continued to apologize until she pulled me into a unexpected hug. I hugged her back relived that she accepted my apology. We separated from each other then Ashley asks "So what's up with the text what happened?"

I then told her about Mason. I swear I thought I went deaf when she did a high pitched squeal. I held my ears trying to get my hearing back. Once she finished she apologized for it because she knew that I have sensitive ears. So then she asked "You want to hang out at my house then?"

I answered with a quick nod and smile. We walked to her car and then I turned on the radio. The song "Mi Gente by J-Balvin" was playing. We immediately started dancing in our seats. Since we were about 50 minutes away from her house to the school we went through about 7 songs. When we made it to Ashley's house her parents where home because there was cars in the drive way. They usually put their cars in the garage later in the day just in case either if them would need to leave for some reason.

We both walked in a I was greeted by her parents. Her parents were pretty cool. They don't mind when I come over. They told me that they like it when I do, and that I could come whenever I wanted to. I felt like they were my second parents. So once I said Hi to her parents we went to her room to put our stuff down. I sat on her bed while she looked through her drawers to change into something more comfortable.

I sat on her bed on my phone texting my parents.

To dad: "I'm going be home late I have to go work on some things."

I texted my mom the same thing.  I didn't know what else to say.  I sure wasn't about to tell them where I really was.  Ashley walked back into the room when my phone "dinged" saying I got a message. 

Dad: "Alright I'll see you when you get back you better raise your grades."

I typed a simple okay back to him then my mom answered my text when I finished replying.

Mom: "Your not with that Ashley girl right?"

I texted back nervously.  There was no way that she would know.   She also doesn't know any of my friends numbers to make sure that I wasn't lying.

Me: "No I told you that I am working on some work to try to get my grades up.  So I am staying to work on things."