Chapter 33

I did my normal routine once we got to school. Which was pretend that everything was perfect and that I wasn't breaking from the inside. In reality I was breaking completely on the inside and my life isn't as perfect as I make it look.

We passed people in the halls by waving or smiling at people. Ashley knew that I wasn't in the mood to talk to people so we made it look like we needed to be somewhere. Some how Ashley and I ended up outside. We had a couple minutes to kill before first period started. We made our way to the bleachers and took a seat looking out into the field.

We sat in silence until Ashley randomly said "So how do you do it?" I was confused I had no idea what she was talking about. She must of picked that up because she said "I meant pretend that everything is okay when it really isn't." I sighed and while still looking out onto the field I said "I guess I have mastered it for doing it for so long. I am good at hiding how I feel without showing it. Almost like a mask that I wear. But certain people can see me without my mask on. Which would obviously be only you."

I could feel that Ashley was looking at me but I kept looking out at the field. I finally looked over but I couldn't figure out what she was thinking. Until she said "Why do you do that to yourself?" I look back at my shoes. I was going to respond then the bell rang. So without saying anything I got up and started to walk to my class. I didn't really bother waiting for Ashley even though we have class together.

I walked to class and I figured Ashley was behind me when I heard footsteps. On the way to class I had just thought about what Ashley had said. I sat in the back of the class still lost in thought.