Chapter 30

I stayed crying in that same spot for about 4 hours.  I looked up from having my head in my knees and saw the moon through my window.  I turned to my nightstand and it was currently 12:20 am.  Without even noticing I ended up standing and looking out my window.  My body felt numb from crying and sitting for so long. 

I realized that my camera was still around my neck and luckily it wasn't damaged after what had happened.  I took it off and placed it on my desk.  I went back to my window and opened it.  I went to stand on the ledge and looked out into the street.  No matter how late or early it was there were always cars.  I could hear them in the distance and the crickets from the grass below me. 

I went to the corner of the ledge and climbed down.  I always snuck out like that, I use the downstairs window seal and lowered myself down.  I decided to walk to Ashley's even though she might be asleep I just wanted to see her.  Since she lived about 10 minutes away I knew it was going to be a while before I got there.  I know it is extremely dumb to be walking around at this time but at this point I didn't care. 

I had finally made it to her house and I looked up at Ashley's window to see that the light was off.  I obviously wasn't surprised when it was off, why would she be up at this time anyway.  I ended up walking to her window and knocked on it quietly.  I knocked about 5 times before I saw her turn on her desk light.  Then I saw her shadow go to the window to open the curtains.  Her hair was a mess I can tell I just woke her up. 

Once she realized it was me her eyes widened.  She then opened her window and pulled me into her room.  She closed the window and closed the curtains.  Before I could say anything she quickly turned around and wrapped me up in a huge hug.  I immediately hugged her back.  We stayed like that for who knows how long.  Then Ashley pulled back and I can tell she was relieved that I was okay. 

She ushered to her bed so we could sit down.  She sat down and patted the spot next to her.  I walked over and sat down next to her.  I put my arms around her waist and she put hers on my shoulders but careful enough for the bruise that was still there.  We side hugged while I put my head on her shoulder.  We sat in comfortable silence before Ashley said "Is everything alright?"  I looked up at her and took a deep breath and told her everything.